test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Random Halister Sightings in Undermountain

gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
If theres no achievement related to the random Halister who shows up in Undermountain zones I will be very dissapointed, a huge missed oppurtunity.

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    There are tons of miss opportunities in this game. I noticed the random Halister seeking his staff, while playing with a friend and said, "I saw Halister Blackcloak here!" They thought I was nuts and replied, "We are on the first level of Undermountain, you probably just saw a character who looks like him. We won't see him until the dungeon." Then sometime later I was sent, "oh... I see him now.". I sent back, "Now you are hallucinating! Get back up to the bar for air.".

They never make any changes with the old modules other than repairing stuff. The story was ok for Ravenloft and you can see Strahd morning by the grave of Marina. So this was done on a much smaller scale in mod 14 before returning it to mod 16. As a writer, I feel all the modules could use some improvement to the story. However I am somewhat jaded, by the fact, they never listen or take sage advice from anyone.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    At least they dont listen to anyone. Imagine how bad it would be if they listened to the kind of people asking for scaling to be removed instead of improved and implemented in more places!
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    They altered a lot of the stories. Wilfred died. Wilfred didn't die. The Elemental Cult leaders died. The Elemental Cult leaders didn't die.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

They altered a lot of the stories. Wilfred died. Wilfred didn't die. The Elemental Cult leaders died. The Elemental Cult leaders didn't die.

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Throne of Idris was one of the removed dungeons that came back during the Tales of Old event...