test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cant play due to the server being down

teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
i was doing do my daily's today in sharadar with my barb and when i get done in AR that i noticed how i could not get back out for how the screen would not load and when i tried to update neverwinter as well on my laptop no luck so what is going on with the server today cause i noticed how i wasn't having this before where i hope this will get fixed

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    The server is not down today. I have been on and still am.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    I have been on all day my self so there server must be down cause

I have been playing all day my self tell this happened cause its not my internet being the problem
  • tricity598tricity598 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same is happening to me, game keeps crashing and then says it cant connect to server. I've seen a few people say they have the same problem.
    edited April 2020

I have been playing all day my self tell this happened cause its not my internet being the problem
    No, that does not mean the server has been down even once.
    It only means the connection between your computer and the server was down.
    I have been on the whole day non-stop before your first post, when I posted mine and right now.
    If the server was down, I would be disconnected at least once.
    I am not disputing you have problem connecting to the server for whatever reason.
    I only say and said the server was not down and is not down.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I have been on the whole day non-stop before your first post, when I posted mine and right now.
    I am not disputing you have problem connecting to the server for whatever reason.
    someone just made a comment having the same issue as me so no it's not my computer or internet cause I told you I was not having this before so something is wrong with the server

edited April 2020

someone just made a comment having the same issue as me so no it's not my computer or internet cause I told you I was not having this before so something is wrong with the server

You need at least 3 pieces of mechanism working to make it works.
    1. Your computer
    2. the server
    3. the connection from your computer to the server.

Your internet is working does not mean the connection between your computer and the server is working.
    I have all 3 pieces working. Hence, I am playing.

You do understand when a computer A connects to computer B through internet, it will jump across many gateways, right?

From your home to the Cryptic server has a route which has many gateways in between. If any of them is down or busy or having issue, you will have problem to reach the server. You don't have control of the routing. Your ISP has limited ability to alter the routing. Cryptic more or less cannot change your routing.

From your home to the ARC web server (here) is yet another route. This works for you since you made post here.
    From your home to CNN is another route, etc.
    Yes, your internet is working. The connection between your home and the game server is not.

From my home to the Cryptic server has a totally different route. And, it works.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    there is also an authentication/login server that is separate from the game server so another point of failure

also it it better to change your dns on your network card /router server to google or cloudfire dns that helps with alot of connectivity issues. and with all online games

the fastest dns ( domain name service ) resolver is 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 with highest up time even faster then google .. and its free to type it into your network card settings .. normally its set to some random hamster one by default that your internet provider gives automatically/

https://www.dnsperf.com/#!dns-resolvers

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/cloudflare-dns-1.1.1.1-set-up,news-26964.html

This may resolve some but not all intermittent issue users could be having in a variety of online games / applications

Post edited by kalina311 on
  • sqwaztersqwazter Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    yeah it's weird. connectios seems to be working just fine but login server keeps throwing me out every now and then no character change, upon reconnect it says cannot connect to game server. When restarting the client it says 1 time cannot connect to game server and then it connects. Works fine until character change and same staff all over again.
    was just glad i wasn't the only one having theses issues since i did make a ticket and glad to see the game was working again
  • aipotu66aipotu66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    login server keeps throwing me out all the time. its hardly possible to switch toons. Changing instances throws me out to and need to restart the game several times in hope that i will get in. Sometimes it works...sometimes not.
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Virgin media were having problems, yesterday. I crashed 5 times,Just invoked toons and watched the Devs stream
  • dualc2012dualc2012 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same problem for me as well, cant connect .. and i got throwed out yesterday and the client seems crashing.
  • altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    I am getting disconnected over and over and over and over and over again!!!!! It took me 20 min just to invoke on my main and 2 alts and then disconnected again whats going on?
    Post your tracert result to see if there is common gateway among those who has problem.

tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Did that in this bug report thread where the first poster did a tracert too.
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1255509/connection-problems-diagnosed-network-issue

Regards Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Game has become unplayable the past week at some hours of day at random.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Think of all the people staying home from work soaking up bandwidth.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Yes, it is like the server can't handle the current load, so it kicks some of us off.
    i bet the dev ran into the same issue when trying to stream but glad i wasn't the only one having this issue but glad its all done