test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zone transfer timer- Why the F??!

gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
So I just started doing Avernus sieges today only to be constantly foiled by the idiotic zone change timer- which keeps you from changing zones for 2 minutes each time.

Even when I was lucky enough to be invited to a siege in a zone which was NOT already full, by the time I could switch instances it was full or over.

it all happens so fast, a 2 minute timer between zone changes is idiotic and should be removed entirely or reduced to 10 seconds. Why is this even a thing? the other Cryptic games do fine without a stupid wait time between instance changing.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    gradii said:

So I just started doing Avernus sieges today only to be constantly foiled by the idiotic zone change timer- which keeps you from changing zones for 2 minutes each time.

Even when I was lucky enough to be invited to a siege in a zone which was NOT already full, by the time I could switch instances it was full or over.

it all happens so fast, a 2 minute timer between zone changes is idiotic and should be removed entirely or reduced to 10 seconds. Why is this even a thing? the other Cryptic games do fine without a stupid wait time between instance changing.

If you get an invite, go to another zone and come back. If your target instance is not filled, you will land there. You don't have to wait for 2 minutes.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

gradii said:

If you get an invite, go to another zone and come back. If your target instance is not filled, you will land there. You don't have to wait for 2 minutes.

You mean another actual in game area right? problem is how am I going to get there and back to the siege area in time? if 2 minutes is too long I'm never going to make it all the way to the exit and then back.
  • Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 480 Arc User
    The bhe's occur quite often as long as there are enough instances running .
    Wait until your 2 mins are up ( or just about up ) before requesting an invite to the next instance so that you can then transfer straight away .
    Too many people look for a new instance straight away and then expect people to wait for them ( for the 2 mins ) to be able to transfer before they start the next bhe's .
    If you are doing these sieges then also make use of the portals ( which you need to unlock weekly through the quests ) to enable fast transfer to the relevant area of the map .
  • Options
    serpeer#6400 serpeer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Siege Bhe needs much more than 2 minutes to be completed, if you don't have vip to travel from everywhere, just wait at the Avernus fortress and when you are in the Bhe group, travel to enclave or any map and back, then go to Bhe. Need maybe 1 minute and you all the time you need to reach Bhe, often before the Bhe starts
  • Options
    I am VIP Level 3 what level is needed to insta travel?

Also, the very fact the timer exists is the issue, they have 2 other games on older versions of the same engine on the same server farm which have no such timer at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    gradii said:

gradii said:

You mean another actual in game area right? problem is how am I going to get there and back to the siege area in time? if 2 minutes is too long I'm never going to make it all the way to the exit and then back.
    I do that all the time. I get into Avernus. See someone posts siege #13. I post "+siege". I got an invite from the one who posted "siege #13". Go to PE. Come back to Avernus. I am in the right instance. It does not take 2 minutes. May be 10 seconds after I receive an invitation. It takes the time to load one extra PE instance. It does not have to be PE. I just use PE as an example and PE is not a fast loading instance. May be workshop is better.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    gradii said:

I am VIP Level 3 what level is needed to insta travel?

VIP 4 gives you signpost ability to open the world travel window from anywhere.