test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

For the love of every frickin god and evil demon in the game universe, make balanced teams.

2»

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited May 2020

gradii said:

Random skirmish does not require tank or heals. I have never failed a skirmish with all DPS. My only fail was when I was queued with 2 tanks and 1 heal on Kessel's. We (2DPS) were able to get him down to 25% 3 times then decided it was not going to happen. Skirmish does not need adjustment,

You got lucky. I'd rather wait longer in queue than wait and then have to try again later.
    you can go public queue CR and see if it ever pops.
    or if strictly speaking of skirmish, go public queue on IG. have fun waiting.

You know why random queue was introduced, right?
    There was more or less only one 'advertised' reason, to help popping public queue.

So, if you go public queue on IG, RQ will put those RQ players to IG to fill your IG spots. Those RQ players may not be happy and leave but that is another story.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Queue never popping is caused by the rewards not being worth the effort. Removing balanced teams that can reliably complete the content is the dumbest "solution" possible.
  • Options
    cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    gradii said:

You got lucky. I'd rather wait longer in queue than wait and then have to try again later.

I don't think it is luck if you complete every RSQ except one since they moved to this system. The vast majority of my RSQ are DPS only. I only PUG RSQ since it pops so fast.

REDQ 20% fail rate (primarily due to CR and LOMM) and RTQ about 5% fail rate now that they fixed CODG. Those are for PUG. Rarely fail the big ones with guild/allliance (including CR and LOMM.)
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Still doesnt change the fact its awful to get one of the harder skirmishes like Kessel with 5 dps below item level 17k.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

gradii said:

Random skirmish does not require tank or heals. I have never failed a skirmish with all DPS. My only fail was when I was queued with 2 tanks and 1 heal on Kessel's. We (2DPS) were able to get him down to 25% 3 times then decided it was not going to happen. Skirmish does not need adjustment,

you can go public queue CR and see if it ever pops.
    or if strictly speaking of skirmish, go public queue on IG. have fun waiting.

You know why random queue was introduced, right?
    There was more or less only one 'advertised' reason, to help popping public queue.

So, if you go public queue on IG, RQ will put those RQ players to IG to fill your IG spots. Those RQ players may not be happy and leave but that is another story.
    That comment was about someone saying he would prefer waiting for a -tank-heal-dps combo for skirmishes instead of the current -whatever_role_you_queue_in.

But hey just because i read before i comment doesn't mean others do.