test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

grand retelling bug

kuzuryoukuzuryou Member Posts: 16 Arc User
If you die when the boss falls, sometimes , when you release at the event lobby it takes you back into the dungeon and, when you exit, it takes you back to protectors enclave, thus making it impossible to complete the quest , since you haven't used the exit portal from the lobby.

Comments

• hades#2194 hades Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Pls give us sometime when disconnect to go back to dungeon instead of PE ,it's so frustrating to got disconnected on the 5th run or so and find yourself in PE with 0 from those runs and time
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    IF you disconnect it is a race to get back in. My computer ocassionally shuts down from power overload when i use Envenomed Journal artifact (1st run). I avoid this. What I have done (till i can fix my computer) is streamline it to barebones applications. Nothing loading up front.. so i can restart and get back in before my team kicks me or fails or we get sent to PE.
  • mistameenamistameena Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Yep DC race against time...
    I mean spending an age spamming map chat in order to maybe get lucky to get into a group to then DC and loose ya spot is just bad by design for sure.
    Cryptic can't even be bothered to add this event or events in general to the LFG queues, which makes it frustrating enough without having to then deal with additional issues such as DC lost spots
  • airkyo#3711 airkyo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    for enter a tales u must talk with npc and he will let u enter, so from the last event i can't enter, it shows me I need to read rules before to enter. so now this npc doesnt let me to read rules, any suggestion? please
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    This happened to a friend of mine before, because he changed their equipments lowering their IL.

The only bug I found in this event, is in the Dread Vault. No hourglasses or extra life in whole dungeon, and this is the longest ToO dungeon
    2fv72Fw.png
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    This is a rare occurring issue but it has happened both times I have participated in this event.. There will sometimes be a critter minion that gets stuck in one of the doors that are raised by interacting with the statue. This is the room with 2-3 packs of the critters and the door to the left. There is a chest and/or a boost to the right in hallway, in front of a iron gate. To get the critter unstuck, we do the "normal" tactic of defeating self to reset buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut instead of being sent to a prior campfire we are sent to the campfire before Idris which ruins the run unless 1) you have a way to teleport through the invisible wall to the direforge room [There are a few] 2) don't kill anything before triggering the quest/dungeon progression. We are allowed to attack enemies if they are in sight of us. However, since we are it is possible to destroy a shard before the quest asks for it and once you do that, you no longer have a chance to advance and are trapped (unless you leave group). We killed the boss since that's all we could do and had no exit so it was all a wash.

This really should be fixed before the next time this event or this dungeon is brought out.

Post-Merger Edit: This is referencing 'Throne of Idris'
    Post edited by skrewfaz3d#1482 on
  • artvsartvs Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Good morning,
    I wanted to report the presence of a bug that I came across
    concerning the tales of old event.
    after talking to all the NPCs of the event and completing each related mission,
    it is impossible for me to access the dungeons for rewards,
    the tooltip says that I still have some active mission, but nothing in my diary that can lead me back to the event.
    I am therefore with one of my 5 pg unable to attend the event,
    would anyone know what to do with me?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The quest to 'read the rules' can't be completed unless you are over IL 16k. I had 2 alts created for the incentives that got stuck with the quest. I would drop it and it would restart as soon they entered PE again. Finally got rid of the thing after getting them both to level 80 and equipping them with surplus gear from Undermountain and Avernus, which kicked them over 16k. Then talking to Nipsy completed the quest.

Auto starting event quests are garbage and should be removed from the game.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    This is the one thing that frustrates me about this event. I was helping out a group of friends today and my internet shut off for 5 mins. Not cryptic's fault. But the design flaw of tales event kicking you to PE now leaves my group without a healer for the last boss of 5x. I was hoping they would have updated this flaw, but I see it's still in the game. Now I have let my friends down.
    edited April 2020
    pitshade said:

The quest to 'read the rules' can't be completed unless you are over IL 16k. I had 2 alts created for the incentives that got stuck with the quest. I would drop it and it would restart as soon they entered PE again. Finally got rid of the thing after getting them both to level 80 and equipping them with surplus gear from Undermountain and Avernus, which kicked them over 16k. Then talking to Nipsy completed the quest.

Auto starting event quests are garbage and should be removed from the game.

I cant drop it :/, also i removed all my gear and still this quest didnt reset i cant enter
    What is your normal IL? Can you post a screen shot of what the quest says?
    pitshade said:

What is your normal IL? Can you post a screen shot of what the quest says?

my normal Ilvl is 27k so i removed all bonding, companion gear, radiant and now is 21475
    edited April 2020
    here i should be available to go in

now with low ilvl

and still cant enter :/

You said you couldn't drop a quest. Do you have a quest related to the event?

I see that you have journals equipped. When you were able to run it previously, did the last run end differently?

Can you enter in a group with other people? I've heard that going in and failing immediately by running out of lives has fixed some bugged characters.
    edited April 2020
    pitshade said:

You said you couldn't drop a quest. Do you have a quest related to the event?

I see that you have journals equipped. When you were able to run it previously, did the last run end differently?

Can you enter in a group with other people? I've heard that going in and failing immediately by running out of lives has fixed some bugged characters.

this bug was from the last Tales, i remember i saved x5 for the next day, so when the next day i tried to get x5 so i couldnt and since this day i cant enter.
    I dont know where grab quest to drop, i tried to find it so i couldnt find it :/
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    6 threads regarding the Tales of Old bugs have been merged into this one.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kuzuryoukuzuryou Member Posts: 16 Arc User

So, we did 3xfrozen heart for grand retelling event on 18 th april. I died while doing the last boss. The moment I died boss also died. Cutscene started and when I revived myself I got stuck in frozen heart map. While my teammates finished the grand retelling and got 10 coins. But I had to manually leave the map and was teleported to protectors enclave resulting in not getting the 10 event coins I was supposed to. I just want my 10 coins not much cause it is very hard to get party as a new player.

that's exactly what i'm refering to in this post, it happened to me with a x5 run
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Hello @nitocris83 ,
    Last time this is event was going, there was an issue with getting the wrong vanity pet in the chest that was supposed to be Idris. Mine never did get corrected BTW even with multiple comments and emails to support. Would like to have that fixed now please. (original post - https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1252573/event-vanity-pet-from-chest-is-wrong-10-22-19)
    In addition, after there was supposed to be a patch back then, every event chest I opened back then and now, only has a Blood Ruby and a Companion Token and I have opened 6 since the start this time around. Is my account somehow bugged? I have better luck getting Abysmal Chicks. TIA
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • ynneathynneath Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I did not see any buffs in Dread Vault in 3 runs :'(

How exactly can I obtain Fabled chapter? Do I need to get exactly 90 coins in 2 consecutive days? When does this counter reset? Why it is not clear in-game?
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @ynneath There are no buffs in DV, either that is a bug or a feature.

You will automatically get a Fabled Chapter after getting 90 coins in any days. The counter/dungeon reset for me at 10 AM PST daily, there are no indications of this because likely the different timezone (they should add one, as this sometime screw people over because they are not aware of the dungeon reset). The only counter is the event banner under your mini map indicating how many 45 coins you've earned for the day.
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    robtn said:

Hello @nitocris83 ,
    Last time this is event was going, there was an issue with getting the wrong vanity pet in the chest that was supposed to be Idris. Mine never did get corrected BTW even with multiple comments and emails to support. Would like to have that fixed now please. (original post - https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1252573/event-vanity-pet-from-chest-is-wrong-10-22-19)
    In addition, after there was supposed to be a patch back then, every event chest I opened back then and now, only has a Blood Ruby and a Companion Token and I have opened 6 since the start this time around. Is my account somehow bugged? I have better luck getting Abysmal Chicks. TIA

I ended up buying one from event store. :(
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret