test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Embellishment Artifact Gear set becoming obsolete

zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
So if my weapon is 4,000 damage, the gear set bonus adds 400 to all of my attacks?

If a 30 magnitude at-will skill deals 10,000 damage normally, its gonna deal 10,400 (4% damage bonus). The realized damage bonus for encounter skills would be less than 1%, unless this procs on all ticks of DoT. IMO, the gear set bonus should be buffed to keep it competitive with Orcus, Mage, Acturias, and Avernus sets. 4 seasons is a long time to save up for this set, to find out it is inferior to an alternative cheap set.

Increasing the 10% bonus would make at-will skills like the Assassin's Duelists Flurry (7x 25 magnitude attacks per second) deal a lot more damage. It would be useful to a lot more paragons if the set gave 10% weapon damage & 3% faster encounter cooldowns.

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    You did not try it personally, did you? I guess you talk about the Black Ice Set bonus which is one of the bonuses of the mentioned gear.

That set bonus triggers rather sporadically due to an internal cool-down. And the damage does not scale with Power, so... you would be lucky if it would caused more than 1‰ of your damage. (I think 1‰ is actually reachable if you you are low on Power, like 50k or so.)

By the way, this was mentioned the last time this event was up. Along with all the bugs coupled with the event items. Nothing was touched.

So, as far as the neck-belt event pieces go, you have to ask: are 3 points to all attributes what you seek? That actually does sound useful for some classes... Mainly for healing I guess. (if it accidentally works as advertised)