test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to patch.. over and over

cornunicorn#1574 cornunicorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2020 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Hi, I decided to play again Neverwinter, I use to play it more like one year ago. Problem is- patching. I cannot pass thru it, it goes to 50% 80% and poof all gone with Error 14. My connection is stable, I did try all possible sugestion what found over google (even since 2015, are you guys cant fix most popular problem??) I tried with and without game verify/On-demand/proxy/admin start/steam user and normal arc user- all are same. I understand that patching might take while, but two days? And its keep same story? How to go thru it or fix it? Did any1 found any solution for it since 2015?

Edit: yes I unistall/install/reinstal/tried with synchro to win 7/8 or even vista- nothing!

Comments

• Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @cornunicorn#1574 Not sure if you have tried this but worth a try.

Find the neverwinter.exe file in your drive (ie C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en) and run as admin directly (make sure Neverwinter is on your exempt list in Anti Virus Software). Make sure Steam or Arc is not running.

Hope this help.

• Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I know this is a few days ago, but recently the new client changed some IP suffixes something only an old geeky nerd, such as myself, would even notice. It should start by downloading you the new launcher & client, then it will start patching the game hoggs. If you followed @nic1985 advice, up on the top right of the window that pops up is a link "Options". On the next window under Patching Options, uncheck both On-demand patching and Force Verify. Then save button at the bottom. Exit the program, run again and apply the patch.

Another option, probably frowned upon by this company, would be to get some trusted friend to send you the complete update via a digital cloud or a USB drive if they happen to live nearby.
  • Options
    chma#6146 chma Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks @hotfrostworm , my brother had this issue (we're both first time players), we searched a bunch of posts about this but your method actually works, thanks a lot.
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I am glad an old solution (from 7 months ago) still works. So much changes quickly in the technology, today I installed 2, 1TB Solid State Drives into a client's PC. All the time, I was thinking back to 1992 when my 486 (before Pentiums) was running a 30 MB hard drive. Although Windows 3.11 was available, I was also still booting MS DOS and using a DOS menu. The stuff we do today is lightyears beyond that now.

Happy to hear you worked it out. :+1:
This discussion has been closed.