test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rothe Valley bounty rewards Bind on Pickup

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
edited April 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
I was checking out the bounty rewards in the various leveling zones looking for special transmutes and I ran into something. When you get a boss item from the bounty vendor in Rothe Valley, it's often bind on pickup, even if it's not for your class. This is unlike the rewards from the bounty vendor in any other map, where the item is always bind on equip instead. This makes getting bounty items from Rothe frustrating since you wind up with something you can't use and can't transfer to an appropriate alt. Could this be fixed so that they are bind on equip?
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    The Circlet of Webs and Spider Armor for certain, maybe others are BTC from their respective lairs. Same goes for some other leveling items, such as Ice Armor from Icespire. Ice Armor at least only drops for characters in the lair that can use it. The Rothe Items drop regardless of class, same as your bounty bags. It would be nice for the system to get an overhaul, but doubtless that is far off of the dev's radar. The Rothe Valley items also never got updated to be shared between a subset of classes, unlike most other leveling zones. Long ago, I got a useless spider armor on my paladin, for instance. Any other zone and it would have been usable for Pally, Barbie and Fighter.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    The spider armor can now be used by paladins, fighters, and barbarians.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    But is still locked and bound to any other class that receives the reward.
    hustin1 said:

The spider armor can now be used by paladins, fighters, and barbarians.

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    They're deleting the Rothe Valley map in mod21 (along with others) so I doubt they will address this issue.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Get someone to share the quest with the character you want the item on and run the lair until it drops. You will need to get the quest each time and it helps if you drop the quest before leaving the instance. I ran the zone on an alt until I got the appropriate lair quest, shared it with a friend then had them share it back to the one I wanted the gear on.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother