test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

QOL suggestions

I'm sure these have been brought up before, but...

1) thank you for keeping the game up and running, and giving us stay-at-homers plenty to do over the next few weeks. Kudos!

2) please consider making pets
A) account bound
B) sellable for gold, like 1.5?
C) or, if none of the above, at least make them unable to drop more than one of the same if you already have one in your bag.
Love the pets. Hate 50 abyssal chicks, and pulling Brutus everytime from my Zok bags lol

3) Look at Prophecy and Demo for how quickly stacks of Madness accrue, and add a minimum item level to queue for prophecy and throne. The portals in prophecy disappear too quickly also. Also, you cannot get gold in demo without fully getting all the portals in the first section, maybe relax that a little so you can miss one portal and still get a gold run. I know it's probably unlikely, but could a 5-man baby Demo be brought back and put into random skirmish to "train" new players on how the mechanics work? Pugging random trial has been pretty rough lately, especially with adding CODG back into the mix.

It seems like the devs are doing a good job of listening to their playerbase and responding in a timely manner to problems, thank you for that!

Comments

• Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    Getting gold in edemo is easy if only the purple shards are open. Typically it fails to gold when people open the blue and green shards or dps wonder off. Basic strategy is tank and healer keep demo away from purple shards, everyone else goes to purple shards to kill stuff. The problem is too many people didn't have to grind for twisted weapons when if you didn't gold you didn't even open the chest. And you could only queue like once or twice an hour.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - The Freak Core - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - The Freak Core - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - Tank for queues - The Freak Core - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    n0wy0useeme#9270 n0wy0useeme Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It was once an hour, on the half hour mark. I grinded a lot of twisted out.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited April 2020

Getting gold in edemo is easy if only the purple shards are open. Typically it fails to gold when people open the blue and green shards or dps wonder off. Basic strategy is tank and healer keep demo away from purple shards, everyone else goes to purple shards to kill stuff. The problem is too many people didn't have to grind for twisted weapons when if you didn't gold you didn't even open the chest. And you could only queue like once or twice an hour.

I've been running my Tank OP on Trials the past three weeks or so, (just to get a quick load) and the amount of times over about 15 EDemo runs in that time where a healer has stayed anywhere near me I could count on the fingers of... ONE HAMSTER FINGER!!!
    Then today... I queue with my Rogue... and there are two healers chasing after the round one Demo tank, like it's a bloody contest to see who can heal him the most.

Don't get me wrong... it was great. I hardly pulled any aggro at all, and round one was over quick sharp... but it did grind my gears a little that I never seem to get that help when I'm tanking the bugger.

I hate Random Queues...
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 616 Arc User

I've been running my Tank OP on Trials the past three weeks or so, (just to get a quick load) and the amount of times over about 15 EDemo runs in that time where a healer has stayed anywhere near me I could count on the fingers of... ONE HAMSTER FINGER!!!
    Then today... I queue with my Rogue... and there are two healers chasing after the round one Demo tank, like it's a bloody contest to see who can heal him the most.

Don't get me wrong... it was great. I hardly pulled any aggro at all, and round one was over quick sharp... but it did grind my gears a little that I never seem to get that help when I'm tanking the bugger.

I hate Random Queues...

I'm not remotely surprised. When I end up in there, it seems like I'm the only one healing anyone. There have been many times I wonder if the other healer even tried.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - The Freak Core - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - The Freak Core - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - Tank for queues - The Freak Core - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    n0wy0useeme#9270 n0wy0useeme Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Wait, you mean a tank is supposed to be distracting demo from killing and stunning us while the DPS opens the portals???? And there's two tanks and two healers for each run? That sounds like balderdash to me XD
  • Options
    athrogate#3634 athrogate Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Also a OP Tank and have run Demo multiple times over the last few weeks. I have never seen a healer hang with with me against demo and its usually demo and I hanging in the middle. Only time I do get into trouble is when someone opens non-purple portals or dont kill what is coming thru the portal then my threat skills pull in a mob along with demo and its usually death. Healers - if you see random mobs hanging around go directly to demo and heal the tank as with threat generation the mob will soon be on the tank
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

I hate Random Queues...
    When I get Edemo with my tank I usually post "I'll tank demo, need one healer to keep on me like glue" in the raid chat and I only get one healer on me like half the time. The other half they are so poor at healing that even with 3 r13 tactical and 2 r 12 tactical and no rusted iron legging equipped they can't keep my 700+k tank from dying. And yes my tanks important stats are capped for ToMM or IC.

Don't get me started on the peeps that won't listen when 3 people call out to open purple only...

• Options
    volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Yup. Having a healer stay with the tank makes a difference because of Demogorgon's 'dailies'. L0L People seem to think all tanks are unkillable machines which is often true but not in these zones where we are 'leveled down' to the content. Still completed an epic demo with only 8 people because everyone did their job. Of course, the DPS in that group was amazing as well. At least we tanks have a use in Epic demo unlike Tiamat which I just feel like I'm carried mostly - same with other TRIALS like CDOG.