test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demon boon changed to fiend boon

mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
edited March 2020 in PvE Discussion
Has any one realized the boon for demons has changed to fiends, with that being said how effective is that boon and guild demon overloads and what does demon type enemy’s technically refer too, all mod 18 enemy’s?

Comments

• carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    According to D&D lore:

Fiends = creatures of evil, native to the Lower Planes. This includes both Devils and Demons.
    Demons = chaotic evil fiends from the Abyss.
    Devils = lawful evil fiends from the Nine Hells.

Demons and Devils hate each other and fight in the Blood War.

The vast majority of enemies in Infernal Citadel, including all 3 bosses, are Devils, not Demons. This means that, if we can trust the wording, the guild overload is almost completely useless there, and the guild boon was too before this change.

However, as any player who played enough will know, Neverwinter tooltips are generally an inconsistent mess. We would need some testing to actually know how the boon and the overloads work.
  • mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    What I have seen in my dmg log On PS4 was the overload works on the demons and believe it or not the chickens lol , I haven’t seen it proc for devils,.. yet , but I see a inconsistency. 1st, the demon overload damage comes as a second set of dmg numbers and doest appear to add it to your main Strike dmg numbers so I could see some people who don’t realize that thinking it doesn’t work. The 2nd issue I see is it doesn’t work for every strike, when it does proc on demons and chickens it’s normally procd on what appears to be the first strike, if it procs at all and then you can go a whole rotation without seeing the additional dmg again. ? Perhaps another bonus on my build prevents it from procing on every hit? I’m not sure.