test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Join Semper Anticus in the Relax Alliance for Endgame Runs!

Semper Anticus has joined the Relax It's Just A Game Alliance on Xbox! If your alliance chat is dead, come join us and enjoy one of the game's most active alliances, including a weekly schedule of endgame runs and practices! GH20 + Max PVE Boons, 10K Min IL to join.

https://youtu.be/ynem8KT5_74
Extraneous Typo

Comments

• scratch420#2224 scratch420 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Heyy, want to join your guild if possible, im 17 il. Ive sent you a friend request, let me know if theres place for me! :) my gt scratch4200
  • typo#6563 typo Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    @scratch420#2224 Glad we could get you into the guild the other day. :)
    Extraneous Typo

• comanchejack#9781 comanchejack Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Here's the truth. I don't even know what 10K IL is right now. I can't really scan the forms forever like some kids can. I'm 49 with 2 non malignant brain tumors, so I really just need someone to answer my questions to get me started. Even if I had sucked at everything else in life, I was the greatest EverQuest Shaman who ever lived. What I can give you in return is a way to top the Meta. Seriously. If you have seen the movie "A Beautiful Mind" where Russell Crowe is in a shed and numbers start talking out of the sky? The had to alter the EQ rules because of my Shaman and make the gear more uniform. I can look at a layout for a character, I can look at combat companions and I can build something that neither Race not class is used as it should be but over performs the Meta. Because the meta is based on how much damage you can deal and take before dying. Same with the mobs. It doesn't account for the human element,. The guy up 30 hour playing cleric falls asleep. Or a huge AOE critical lands early and kills your primary and secondary healers. The standard for every character should be how can I stay alive to win a fight no matter how it breaks. If you wanted to keep those builds and equipment loadouts secret that would would be fine. Right now I really need someone to just answer a question for me. How many companions can you use at the same time during one battle? Do you have 3 slots and can build a group? Can you use just one at a time? Can you own 10 and use 4 if that is the max? I think the Warlock has a combat pet/ companion spell. If so does that go against your total companion count or is it an extra freebie because it's a spell? If you could answer the pet question and you are interested in the unique loadouts, watch me delete a couple or 3 characters looking for the right mix that people aren't used to seeing. But I won't build a character of worth until I understand the companion limit.

Here's the truth. I don't even know what 10K IL is right now. I can't really scan the forms forever like some kids can. I'm 49 with 2 non malignant brain tumors, so I really just need someone to answer my questions to get me started. Even if I had sucked at everything else in life, I was the greatest EverQuest Shaman who ever lived. What I can give you in return is a way to top the Meta. Seriously. If you have seen the movie "A Beautiful Mind" where Russell Crowe is in a shed and numbers start talking out of the sky? The had to alter the EQ rules because of my Shaman and make the gear more uniform. I can look at a layout for a character, I can look at combat companions and I can build something that neither Race not class is used as it should be but over performs the Meta. Because the meta is based on how much damage you can deal and take before dying. Same with the mobs. It doesn't account for the human element,. The guy up 30 hour playing cleric falls asleep. Or a huge AOE critical lands early and kills your primary and secondary healers. The standard for every character should be how can I stay alive to win a fight no matter how it breaks. If you wanted to keep those builds and equipment loadouts secret that would would be fine. Right now I really need someone to just answer a question for me. How many companions can you use at the same time during one battle? Do you have 3 slots and can build a group? Can you use just one at a time? Can you own 10 and use 4 if that is the max? I think the Warlock has a combat pet/ companion spell. If so does that go against your total companion count or is it an extra freebie because it's a spell? If you could answer the pet question and you are interested in the unique loadouts, watch me delete a couple or 3 characters looking for the right mix that people aren't used to seeing. But I won't build a character of worth until I understand the companion limit.

The short answer to your question is that a player can only have one summoned companion at a time during combat. But there is a bit more complexity involved. The current companion system, which was rolled out in Mod 16, is explained in the following post from the Cloak Alliance. Links in this post point to other useful sites that are worth looking at too.

https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/2019/03/02/overview-of-companions-in-m16

Some gear have powers that will proc temporary allies to fight along side you for about 15 seconds. These are aren't really companions per se, but this is one way you can have additional companion-like allies that fight simultaneously along side your normal companion. If you look under collections in game, you can find much of this type of gear mixed in with other types of gear within the collections under Chult thru Avernus.
    Extraneous Typo

• comanchejack#9781 comanchejack Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Thank You. When I can, I'll pay it forward. That is a promise.
    You're welcome!
    Extraneous Typo