test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ranger and panther bonus/ps4

mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
I apologize guys I posted a similar question in pve but I think I directed it to the wrong audience. Have any of you guys tried using the panther bonus of 10% dmg to rooted targets, I’m warden but my hindering strike does some pretty healthy roots, and when I root the panther bonus comes up but immediately drops before I can even do my at will. I’m wondering if it’s doing this for any of you guys. Or if there’s something you know of that will kill the bonus. Or if any of you guys can test it and confirm I’m not just doing something wrong , I’ve even unequipped every thing except the wooden weapons and the panther bonus and see zero change in my dmg.

Answers

• Options
    I also will off topic add that I think seigemaster isn’t adding 8% dmg in the stronghold just for everyone’s info. The panther is something I was considering for my mob/speed loadout, mostly cause I use hindering strike and a few clear the grounds as a robust finisher to clear the trashon that loadout and I though since I already have a lot of power the panther slotted could possibly make me more effective as a posed to 4K pwr in the slot. I basically utilize lightning enchantment instead of my vorpal with a second lion heart bow that uses the bonus for 10% clear the ground instead of storm strike and Believe it or not loving the blinking beast hood cause when I clean wipe the Mobs on one side I pretty reliably teleport to the other side of the piles in very convenient locations ( most of the time)- and a few other tweaks and gear to make it more efficient as mob clearer. But unfortunately the panther doesn’t seem to work . If anyone could test or provide some input it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    comanchejack#9781 comanchejack Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Does the Ranger ever get a combat pet or healing spell of consequence? Or any type of health or Mana Regen? And can a Ranger tank at all?
  • Options
    > @robrenfro#8258 said:
    > Does the Ranger ever get a combat pet or healing spell of consequence? Or any type of health or Mana Regen? And can a Ranger tank at all?

You can use a combat pet, but your gonna have to slot more stats where power can go.

The best thing you can get for regen or self healing would be insignia bonuses but the aren’t that great and you can utilize other bonuses that will be more useful

Rangers can tank trash bosses like the Ape in iC , you just time your dodges, but other than that I wouldn’t attempt anything stronger
  • Options
    Mike can a character have multiple combat companions and use them at once. Like a tank, healer and caster used together? I guess what I'm asking is with a ranger killing from a distance, how many companions could you have go tank the mob while you dealt damage and a Cleric or Shaman companion healed?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Unfortunately You can only have 1 summoned companion. One thing I should mention though, you probably want to go warden melee ranger for higher damage. Are you using the hunter path? If so there’s nothing wrong with that, Hunter path at endgame levels with players that really work the build isn’t bad at all. It’s just very immobilizing and encounter cooldowns can be long. And while combat companions aren’t bad and can help you out , stat wise you may want to go with a augmented companion like the bullette pup or deep crow hatchling cause they will contribute to your stats more.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Well that's disappointing, but thanks for the heads up.

I've been using the panther all this time and haven't even considered whether it's working or not.
    I'll have to actually pay attention next time I play.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    > @frogwalloper#6494 said:
    > Well that's disappointing, but thanks for the heads up.
    >
    > I've been using the panther all this time and haven't even considered whether it's working or not.
    > I'll have to actually pay attention next time I play.

You know maybe it’s just something on my build killin it I’m not sure. See I’m trying to make my mob build at wills strong enough to proc ebony hide armor Stacks when they Crit when I’m playing solo. In group it’s not a issues cause crit and combat advantage but soloing I’ve had time to test a lot of things that may bring my clear the ground up. If the maths right solo with flurry I should be getting a extra 2-2500k dmg on crits using the panther when I root , it’s just not happening. Maybe flurry itself is killing it or maybe the electricity from clear the ground is killing it ?? I’ve even tried the feat that makes you roots last longer in place of blade storm because that wouldn’t change the dmg from my main hit thinking maybe it just needs the time to take and no increase is produced. I can vouch for the siege master it does give me a 4% boost to my at wills however I’m not seeing the 8% in the stronghold
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    If I can get my initial clear the grounds to hit 34000 with crits and flurry Solo I’ll be able to proc all my hide stacks Quickly and in doing so increase the dmg from my clear the ground about 5% with the hide armor fully stacked and maintain the stacks through the second half of the rotation and any complete rotation after that first one. But as it is without my panther procing im only hitting 29000 max at that dmg amount if the panther was to proc I should be hittin about 32000. I’m trying to do this with out dropping my hitpoints any more than 340000. It’s just not working.Even at 320000 hps I can’t meet the 10% mark to stack
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I hate to say it this maybe a situation where another encounter like throw caution could help but then you loose all the damage from the higher magnitude encounter you trade for it. Ultimately my hopes are that with all the extra power from the new 18 gear , once our guild gets the severity boon built, that may be enough to change the numbers to meet my hps even if I’ve gotta drop down to 320k hps all I need is for that first clear the ground to hit the required dmg amount to proc the stack then it should maintain it despite any dmg fluctuations happening during combat
  • Options
    Mike can I offer you some advice? And feel free to tell me to go jump in the lake. If you noticed none of my questions were about the META. And I will tell you why. It's irrelevant. Let me explain. They actually nerfed the original EverQuest in part because my Shaman was outperforming the Meta but soloing raid mobs. I kept going through races and classes until I settled on a Troll Shaman. Wisdom should have been his primary stat as a caster. Ahead of wisdom , I had stamina for AC and HP as #1, I had dexterity for weapon attacks, spells landing, and defensive dodging at #2, and I had strength at number 3. The Troll had natural Regen and the Shaman the highest level regen spells in the game. So instead of build a Troll and trying to max out the wisdom as a Caster. I maxed out my AC, hit points, and I put Items like gems of haste which sped your physical attack in my helmet. Only one item in the game had haste in the helmet most haste items were in on the waste. This left room for me to max out my Mana from maxing wisdom using high wisdom / high AC Shaman drops but my AC as a chain class was always maxed, so we're my hit points and defense. And instead of having to really depend on a Mana pool for casting, I cannibalized my hit points in combination with my Mana Regen so I was the only caster anyone ever saw who was never out of Mana, the cannibalize spell took maybe 3/4th of the meta build guild shamans life. It took about 1/4 of mine. I had players accuse me of hacking the game, cheating etc. Because I had my resists maxed, so I could trade spells with any caster and Survive, they'd run out of Mana and I'd just send my pet to melee them so I didn't have to chase them. I had GMs ask to play with me and then ask to look at my character build. Without nerfing me, they made the whole loot, gear and armor system uniform going forward. I mean they couldn't have guys like me figure out the optimum builds weren't always the real optimum build.

It's not about how much does the meta says you should be doing. That doesn't factor in the human element of your cleric falling asleep after player 30 hours straight. Or a critical AOE spell taking out your cleric and other spell casting damage dealers because of a glitch. So you Have a Pally as a tank and primary healer, a who now needs to play a support class and a fighter who has to pull agro while the Pally heals and regains stamina to heal. In most major encounters especially if you are solo or with a group your dps from any class is far less important than your overall ability to survive an encounter that may go size ways and still win. This is how I ended up soloing the Raid Dragons. The principle of Survival and Sustaining damage. Just let that principle sit with you when fooling around with an Alt. How can I keep putting damage on this mob if things go bad and stay alive long enough to finish it? It's easy to fall in love with that huge damage number from one crit. But as an old boxer who had very heavy hands, My boxing coach told me once don't get cocky, he doesn't have to hit harder than you. Just hard enough to knock you out and I don't see no bricks on your temples or behind your ears and it only takes one shot. Get him out of here! But I took that principle to video games, If I crit for X number I'm still valuable in an end game group. Maybe I need to work more on staying in the fight? Or maybe go back through even with an Alt Ranger and pick up some different gear that gives you a better overall build out?
  • Options
    Mike if you can give me link to a webpage that isn't a spreadsheet I will take a look at the top end builds. I've been doing this since Ultima Online. It's why I want so much information before I jump in. But if there is a webpage that is not a spreadsheet that lists Rangers abilities please direct me to it. Also I'm sure there has to be some website that lists the weapons and armor in the game? I know the EQ site begin listing WoW, SWTOR, and several others. I just can't remember the of it after 12 years. But there must be a site that catalogs weapons, armor, runes, pets etc? I'll send you my thoughts on best overall Ranger builds, also your Race etc. My real gift is in the building of characters.