test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Random Queue

taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited March 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
How is the Random Queue actually random when you pull the same dungeon three and four times in a row?

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 2020

How is the Random Queue actually random when you pull the same dungeon three and four times in a row?

Because it is not exactly random. You are randomly filled into the existing queue. If there are many people queue to certain dungeon, you will be filled into it. If all the existing queue go to the same place, you as the filler go to the same place.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Thank you. That makes sense.
  • Options
    swillisusa#5229 swillisusa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have recently noticed that the AD reward goes down as you complete randoms. It used to be that you would get a daily bonus that was fixed, now as you complete randoms the others drop their rewards.
    I usually complete RADQ first then move to RDQ then RTQ. Now in the last couple weeks by the time I get to RTQ instead of being about 30000 since I have completed the other RADQ and RDQ it will be closer to 18000. The AD is the reason we run randoms, We know the rough AD is gated to 100,000 per day but with these cuts it is making it more difficult to keep a surplus built up.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Hmm... I'll have to pay more attention. I always thought the first random of each type paid the most and then subsequent runs of the same type were (much) reduced. But you think doing a random of one type can affect the rewards of other types?
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    I've noticed a change recently for what it's worth. I have boycotted trials for a long while now and never do them in my daily rotation and just take the hit and lose the AD, it used to be I would do the random RaDQ, the RDQ and the skirmish and it would still show the full first time amount for the trial which I just left unclaimed. Now when I do it, it shows the RTQ as a pittance and not the higher amount, I never looked into it to find out anything as I don't give a sht about that queue but I was guessing that it now only gave the higher AD amount for one or the other (RaDQ or RTQ) as they were both the highest ones, and now seeing I have done the RaDQ it is ticking it off as done and the RTQ one is going down without me even doing it.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.