test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Additional set of crafting materials consumed upon completion of crafting?

kotoko#5870 kotoko Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I have noticed twice now that upon completion of the Defence Supplies crafting recipe Package Level 20 Materials, any materials I had managed to build up again in the meantime are missing when I log in to pick up the result. Almost as if it is attempting to start another crafting run, without actually doing so.

- In both cases I left it doing the 6h crafting overnight, rather than doing it immediately with Morale.
- In both cases I was using my level 61 leatherworker.
- In both cases I think I applied a supplement "Tinker's (something)" for a 10% chance of a double result. (Did not take effect either time.)
- The first time (Saturday morning, 14-03-2020) I noticed missing a stack or iron ore that I had used my remaining Morale the previous day to create, but I assumed I was simply mistaken. This second time (Sunday morning) I am near certain I had a full set of all the materials for a next crafting run when I logged out before the Defense Supplies completed crafting, but all were completely gone when I logged back to pick up the results.
- It does not take more than the 10x for another run (I had 11 Ash Lumber +1, now just one); I am not certain whether it will also consume the materials if one has less than 10x in stock.
- Most materials were +1, apart from Deer Leather, of which I had a large Normal quality stack. I think it also took an additional 10x of those, but am not certain.

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened later when crafting Farhide Bracers for Merielle Begum. I had { 16, 13, 11 } of the materials, that correctly dropped to { 14, 12, 10 } when I gave the instruction to craft 1x. When I later picked up the finished product, the material stock had dropped again to { 12, 11, 9 }, despite no new crafting session taking place. I am not sure whether I applied a supplement on this attempt.

- I have been unable to reproduce this since with low-level items like a Leather Visor, nor a higher-level attempt with a Farskin Visor.
- Differences: My leatherworker hit level 62; I am out of the "Tinker's (something)".

(Post associated with Support ticket 130079.)

Comments

• hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    For the production of final products Dab Hand (double result) has no effect. It works for sub-assembly/component production (like ingots or lumber) however.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    For all crafting, there is a bug where if there are insufficient materials to repeat the task, it will take the materials available anyway (and not start the task)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Mats are taken at the beginning of crafting. If you cancel the task at any time those mats are returned to you.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    greywynd said:

Mats are taken at the beginning of crafting. If you cancel the task at any time those mats are returned to you.

There is no manual cancel involved in this thread though unless you consider run out of mat is a cancel.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***