test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stat Caps Misunderstood

zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
edited March 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
Scenario:

Combat Advantage as listed on character stats screen is 92,955

In this instance...

1. What is the current Combat Advantage Bonus %?
2. IF Staldorf is equipped to raise CA to 100,955, what is the new Combat Advantage Bonus %?

Comments

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I'm not sure I'm following, you are saying you don't understand them and ask for the questions, or you are saying others misunderstand them and the questions are to illustrate that?

~86%, ~94%
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    What I believe is different than what I hear from others.

My Calculations:
    1. 93% (character stat rating) -7%(monster ratings) +10%(default CA bonus) = 96% effective
    2. 101% (character stat rating) -7%(monster ratings) +10%(default CA bonus) = 104%, capped to 100% effective

Critical Strike, as I understand, has a 5% default bonus on top of your stat score, but still subject to 50% final cap.
    Combat Advantage, as I understand, has a 10% default bonus on top of your stat score, but still subject to 100% final cap.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Your default bonus appears on your char sheet as stats. The Dev blog was posted before it was changed to shows as stats, it was changed due to being misleading in terms of countrable percents, a term that shouldn't exists.

Strip naked and you will see the 10k / 5k.
  • Options
    Thanks. I was not aware of that.
  • Options
    roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    I'm also still confused about this.

Critical Avoidance seems to be treated differently for player characters versus npcs in that a player can have 5% more Critical Avoidance to avoid crits entirely but NPCs can never fully avoid Critical Chance. (eg. 73k Critical Avoidance in Undermountain fully negates a player being hit by a crit?)

I've also been told that Awareness needs to be 10% higher than other Stats to maximally mitigate Combat Advantage damage. (eg. LoMM requires 78k Awareness?)

Can direct to the dev post clarifying ratings because I haven't found anything that makes it clear.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Can direct to the dev post clarifying ratings because I haven't found anything that makes it clear.

Not sure if the link below is the one you wanted, but it is the post on stats.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1246309/official-m16-stats-and-mechanics