test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion to small QOL tweaks on Arbiter

catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
edited February 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
I've got few Quality of Life changes suggestions I'd love to see for arbiter, to make it more consistent to play, especially at higher latency (from EU/AU)

Sudden Verdict, It is bad that when it procs, it refills judgements one by one instead of instantly to 6, (like it states in description).
Many times it takes longer (over 1-2 sec) than time when casting another skill is already possible, making that skill cast at 2 or 3 stacks instead of all 6.

2. Perfect balance, It feels clunky., Takes sometimes 2 second for 4/4 stacks to be consumed and divinity refiled which is confusing, making it instant on last required cast of encounter would make it more intuitive and smooth.

3. Rework Searing Javelin to fire in straight line without a target, It's so frustrating having that encounter canceled 5 times in a row during AOE on some trash mobs, because target just died in middle of the cast.

4. Angel Of Death, in current state is completely useless. My suggestion would be to give it 2 or 3 free encounter casts with extra high % dmg buff after every 10-15 encounters.

Edits:

5. Feat Inner Balance requirement for Combat advantage be close/equal to Armor pen is unrealistic. This feat also gives way to little Divinity to justify even using it.

6. Divine Equilibrium reduces dmg (by about 4%) when at full divinity whike using Expanded Faith feat.
Post edited by catson#7772 on

Comments

• catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    bunp? Anyone has any thoughts about it?
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    While I cant comment on the latency issue as I have been blessed to be in a place with decent internet, I agree on point 3, but the others I am fine with. This just makes it that You need to be precise when playing arbiter. 1 misclick of an at-will will make your sudden verdict proc go to waste.

Currently, I actually see DCs as the most overpowered toon when played properly. At BIS, this is evident so much more. for TOMM single target, when properly built, can easily go number 1 on paingiver.

I dont play the best arbiter, but i think i do quite okay. Getting numbers in paingiver is easy as arbiters have tons of AoE that pushes those numbers up. the only time i slow down is on boss fights when i lose focus and mess up my stacks.

I finished IC on maybe a 30-40 min run (i'll stop you now if youre planning to comment that you can finish IC in less than 20mins) from joining a group formed from random channels. It was better than I had expected. The group consists of 2 TRs, a DC heal, and OP Tank. Gear wise and itemlevel wise, the TRs were wearing proper rings to cap their offensive stats and such and no one had negative incoming healing. By the end of the first boss i was ahead in paingiver for quite a big amount, around 30mil from the 2nd one. but this is mostly because of aoe from mobs prior. 2nd boss ended I was left behind by one tr around 10mil damage maybe, and by the time the last boss ended the top in paingiver was ahead by 50 mil the 2nd ahead by 20 mil.

Now we can say that maybe they didnt play their A game from the get go, or any other reasons, but gearwise, they are well equipped to dish serious damage if just basing on those gears alone.

I came on my 23k arbiter with around 120k power 130k combat advantage. with my tiamat set. and defending ring because this is what i use on my healing loadout to reach defensive caps. and empowered rank 9s on my companion gears aside from one enigmatic 15 which was a leftover from my HR that no longer needs it.

If i was running with most of the people i usually play with, of course the gap will be way bigger, and the dungeon will finish way faster.

My point here is in a scenario where you would think that the arbiter in that group composition would just be a heavy load (because not wearing any +damage gear, wearing tiamat set, and very low power) for the team, turned out to not be needing to be carried that much. But yes this was mostly because of AoE damage where tons of mobs are in IC so........ this maybe the only reason why this is possible.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    one major thing I would love to see fixed is the Tab to refill divinity. Some times I need to press Tab 2 or 3 times just to get it to activate. Other times I need to hold it down. One major reason the Arbiter can't keep up with DPS is the clunky tab activation.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    krumple01 said:

one major thing I would love to see fixed is the Tab to refill divinity. Some times I need to press Tab 2 or 3 times just to get it to activate. Other times I need to hold it down. One major reason the Arbiter can't keep up with DPS is the clunky tab activation.

Paladin TAB power is also a mystery press. This causes players to press it multiple times. Not fun. Not right.