test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Icy terrain issue + Bluetooth headset issue

themarisonethemarisone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Hi all,

So I raised a ticket and reported that icy terrain is no longer being cast on the location of the enemy but ONLY on my own location (lvl 70). Obvious bug. I got the following back from official tech support. sigh... no wonder this game is dying if the tech support, instead of resolving a problem, tells you to search for some forum.. BTW - Is this that forum? I dont know coz they never specified or sent a link. Pathetic excuse for tech support. No wonder this game is dying. Whoever sent this email should be fired. See below -

"Please keep in mind, Customer Support is associated with development of the game. We help with account issues such as email changes and missing items. If you have a bug to report, you need to do so through the forums where the QA team can look into the issues. A report in no way guarantees that the potential bug can be identified or fixed. "

I also have a problem with Bluetooth headset, not working with this game but works just fine with any other game. Headset is not even recognised in settings where devices are listed.. :(

Help would be much appreciated. I invested a lot of time in this game. Would make me really sad having to leave this game. ...sorry for the long rant... you`d think that they would thank me for bringing these bugs to their attention - after all, I am trying to help make this game better.. but nope no thank you from tech support -rude and arrogant a$$h@@£e$.

Comments

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    The main issue is, as far as I know, Customer Support is run by PWE which is just the game's publisher, not the studio that develops the game. So they really don't have any access to fix game files etc, the best they can do is direct you here, or relay it to the developers. But it is probably quicker and more efficient for you to post here., would be my guess. And the tooltip for icy terrain says it "freezes the ground around you", so it is Working as intended according to the tooltip.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    regular icy terrain = YOUR location
    icy terrain on spell mastery slot / tab = enemy locations / target-able
    no bug there ...you saying its not doing damage either ?
    perhaps you are a little confused and no doubt quick to react ....
    did you actually try slotting icy terrain and testing in regular and mastery slots ?
  • Options
    And so it is not misconstrued, I am unable to use icy terrain on my wizards anyway, as it drops my fps to 0 if I use it, or anyone uses it near to me. So I was just going from the tooltip, only.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2020

And so it is not misconstrued, I am unable to use icy terrain on my wizards anyway, as it drops my fps to 0 if I use it, or anyone uses it near to me. So I was just going from the tooltip, only.

what is your video card model ?
    have you tried lowering graphic settings or amount of particles does it drop to 0 frames if you are on lowest graphic setting ?
    are you running the game in a full screen windowed instead of true full screen

have you updated your video card drivers ? it may be working "fine" in other games but graphic drivers older then a few months /last year are not advisable

its funny that "ONLY' icy terrain would do that and no other effects or spells ?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Its not the video card, as it has happened on 4 different computers, it is the telephone lines where I live. I live in a quite rural part of Ohio, and only about half the telephone lines between my house and the exchange are fiber optic. So each of those little changes from fiber optic to old copper/aluminum wiring causes issues. And all graphic settings cause the same issues, so lowering them has little effect, actually I have the least issues on everything high setting. It's not only icy terrain, but it is the biggest offender of it, and the fps loss lasts the longest with it, sometimes up to 2 minutes. Split the sky can do it, ice storm used to do it, etc.

And before you say, you should go with cable internet, the lines for cable out here were last changed in the early 1980s, so they are actual worse than the telephone lines.