test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tanking first boss in TIC

chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
Any tips for how to tank first boss in TIC as Barbie tank? The attack he does when he flutters above the ground and then launches some type of one-shot attack always gets me. Do I need some special defense against it? Also, what do you do to re-acquire aggro once someone steals it away, to prevent the boss from running around all over the place?

Comments

• Options
    nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    The bone devil has the following pattern:

Dash, 2 swipes, 3swipe flurry, 2 swipes, tail sting(you dodge out of the way), 1 swipe, flying attack (you go under him to dodge it)
    Then he repeats.

If you lose aggro use your taunt encounters, i don't know barb at all but you should have atleast one hard taunt, maybe two.

As a general rule you should have atleast arpen and accuracy capped on a tank.
    Aggro mechanic is tied to damage in this game so you kinda have to do some dmg to hold the aggro, not that much, but you can't sit there with your guard up waiting for the hits.
  • Options
    Oh I never thought about going under the boss. That is clever.
    I was told that I have to cap Armor Penetration (85k), Accuracy (85k), Defense (85k), and Critical Avoidance (90k). Would you say that is accurate?
  • Options
    Actually I don't think you can go underneath the boss.
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

Actually I don't think you can go underneath the boss.

You can't go underneath the boss most of the time. However, the boss will fly to cast Spine Toss (releasing a bunch of spines everywhere). When he does that, you'll be able to go underneath him and avoid getting hit by the spines.
  • Options
    nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

Oh I never thought about going under the boss. That is clever.
    I was told that I have to cap Armor Penetration (85k), Accuracy (85k), Defense (85k), and Critical Avoidance (90k). Would you say that is accurate?

That is accurate yes, also you're a tank, deflection is also always welcome