test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What builds up your daily ability power?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
It doesn't fill up very fast which is totally understandable. But what can I do to make it go up? Especially for the one quest of the gods where you have I think it's 5 minutes to use a daily power 3 times. I can never complete it. My nephew did it once with 2 or 3 seconds left.
We know you have to start out with the 30 sided die already at full. There's 1. Now how do you get the 2nd and 3rd usage pumped out? Any tricks?
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Sigil of the cleric will help some, not as much as it used to. But it will give you back 15%.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    lathandars dew helps. and I think primal feet and head can be found that helps with ap. i'm going off memory on the gear though. also depends on class. different classes have different means of getting ap gain
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    Sigil of the cleric can be obtained if you have a cleric in your account that passed the Vault of the Nine quest. After that, that artifact will be account wide. Since OP is new and probably does not have a cleric, he won't have it any time soon.
    CON gives AP gain.
    There is a tier 5 campaign boon that can increase AP gain.
    Primal boot gives AP gain for kill.
    Protege and spy's guild pants gives AP gain for crit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Attack a training dummy continuously. 1 min of atwills fills your AP meter. You can find them quickly by going to Dread Ring. VIP signpost helps a lot.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Gorgon Mount at epic is 15% when using daily, Sigil of the Cleric was mentioned, at wills spammed on mobs, I never fail to get it done. Changing player stats or boon points is unnecessary. Also using the Cleric Sigil artifact will give you heals on encounter hits (tho small).
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Generally, hitting stuff builds up your AP.

Somehow, I don't think events like the Challenge were looked at when they started fiddling with character builds and AP generation.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    I was careless and did not notice OP was talking about the seeker of the god events (which is ended now).
    Yes, as mentioned. Find a dummy and keep hitting it. Cast one daily right after you get the event. Go to a dummy and keep hitting.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    This is going to sound like I'M the dummy here but where are the dummies? Besides me. lol
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
    edited February 2020

This is going to sound like I'M the dummy here but where are the dummies? Besides me. lol

In PE, the PVP hall (don't know the exact name) has dummy inside for you to hit.
    In Stronghold, there are dummies.
    In Dread Ring, there are dummies.
    In most major hub, there are dummies.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Trade of Blades in PE.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jaggid#6299 jaggid Member Posts: 12 Arc User

In PE, the PVP hall (don't know the exact name) has dummy inside for you to hit.
    In Stronghold, there are dummies.
    In Dread Ring, there are dummies.
    In most major hub, there are dummies.
    There are also training dummies outside in PE, around behind where the Tyranny of Dragons campaign quest givers and vendors are. If you played a ranger, you get sent to them with a low level quest to learn your melee swapping option.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    It depends on what class and build you are using... but a Daily will build up naturally approximately 100% (a gauge) after 2 minutes of combat. There are level 80 pants that will give you 2.5% AP gain approximately every 10 seconds. There are boots you can buy that give 3% per kill, level 80 headwear that will add 1% AP per kill. You can boost your natural AP gain with constitution (.25% per pont) and with your artifact weapon set by 5%. There is a new level 80 shirt that boosts AP gain by 1% each time you do 15% of your health in damage, but it is bugged and needs to be fixed. (it is only giving one tenth the stated amount, which is negligible) In addition, the following consumables and artifacts affect AP gain significantly:

Envenomed StoryTeller's Journal (as active artifact): Adds 30% of an AP bar per minute.
    Clerics Sigil (as active artifact): Adds 25% of an AP bar per minute.
    Lathander's Dew (item - event foods type): Adds 20% of an AP bar every minute.
    Sunlord's Gift Elixir (item - ardent coin elixir class): Adds 15% of an AP bar every minute.

An end-game character using all of these items and methods put together can fire off a Daily every 30 seconds, but it comes at a cost of sacrificing other good items and equips. For most characters... some of the AP+ methods are BiS, but not all are. You need to strike a balance for your own build and playstyle.

Using my Whisperknife rogue for example... I use a Tanner's Leather ring that deals 50% of my health in damage to an enemy each time I use a Daily. I used to use the 3% AP per kill boots, but now I swiched to the +5% damage boots. I use the Envenomed Story Teller's Journal, +AP boost pants, and sometimes use 1% AP per kill headwear. With all of this on, I can do a daily every minute. As a DPS, I have to keep my health low to proc +10% damage from my armor, and have it at 290,000. I "can" deal +145,000 damage per minute with Tanners ring but it sometimes fails. More importantly, my AoE daily is seldom needed so I just dont hit my daily very often until I'm in a boss battle. In the end... my Tanner's Ring adds about 1 to 2% to my damage total. This is pretty close to what you actually end up with on the alternative rings.