test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

main tank troubles in m16+ & before

aoventaovent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
Well it is most social one trouble is: in most of dungeons mobs have too low hp so mostly hdps pressing tank as: "we dont need you exept newest dungeon, you worthless go play healer or dps"
On practice they just running forth like crazy headless chickens & if they die they blaming supports who didnt raced them both performing their functions somehow. to be honest it ended us up with lost of players who have 0 basic ideas how to run dungeon in a group & also making them less reasons to use "flock annihilation aoe builds" ( what ofc costs to make).
& let tank in position of "nothing at all" by what those dpsers saying. Ending it with kinda less desire to tanking new content at all.
if dpsers will see that they are no longer "gods & monsters who dont need anyone" they will ne enforced to start learning how it is to play with team & dont treat supports like their slaves. This issue allready making insane amount of negative expirience for support-role.
Broken gameplay, broken nerves & etc. Most usually it comes from overgeared to endgame dps what thinks they can despite tank role "because they are so awesome" (not really- they dying lots too when aggroing too much flock).
This often creates a situations when you dont want to run with such typo & when its possible prefering to get new-heads to group who realising that they need to play like proper group.
Current state of this breaking entire concept of pve- group content. Im playing as dpser too but running in group... why most of others cannot do this aswell- strange question (explainable only by words: "they are idiots").
So making mobs in dungeons tougher will solve this matter for good... "after they died 4rth time per row they starting to get it right... most of cases. Also for now for this reason dungeons in NWO are mostly lame & theres allmos "you healer servant, chase us & heal us, what tank is- we never knew from the start"- its not how normal group should behave to make proper expirience.

Comments

• Options
    drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    You speak from my heart. I want to leave kind regards.
    As 25K+ Paladin Tank I experience the same. They Hit&Run to next Group and behave like a Tank. I tell them always they should play a Tank. If you ask "Pro's" they want you to do this. Only run AoE, run, AoE, run, AoE. You are not allowed to fight. Yes you're right - it's like a slave. I feel sometimes treated like I am a Bot or something like that.
    Hello DPS we are here, we want play NW aswell. /wave
    Real experience: Warlock drives in his Soul State 100 km/h through everything he see. Healer die. Tank = Hamster. It's a cold shower.
    If you want to solve that issue. Biggest Problem is, that Tanks are simply to slow. Paladins don't even have dexterity. The 10% Speed Buff is out of fight. In reality with "Pro's" you are 100% infight. "Pro's" will say to you, "we don't wait for you." No wonder there is shortage of Tanks. You can solve that only by pressing 100% W, sometimes Q or R while running. That's reality.

-Enemies in low Content have far to less HP
    -Tanks are far to slow
    -If these "TANK-DD" die, there is no really punishment
  • Options

You speak from my heart. I want to leave kind regards.
    As 25K+ Paladin Tank I experience the same. They Hit&Run to next Group and behave like a Tank. I tell them always they should play a Tank. If you ask "Pro's" they want you to do this. Only run AoE, run, AoE, run, AoE. You are not allowed to fight. Yes you're right - it's like a slave. I feel sometimes treated like I am a Bot or something like that.
    Hello DPS we are here, we want play NW aswell. /wave
    Real experience: Warlock drives in his Soul State 100 km/h through everything he see. Healer die. Tank = Hamster. It's a cold shower.
    If you want to solve that issue. Biggest Problem is, that Tanks are simply to slow. Paladins don't even have dexterity. The 10% Speed Buff is out of fight. In reality with "Pro's" you are 100% infight. "Pro's" will say to you, "we don't wait for you." No wonder there is shortage of Tanks. You can solve that only by pressing 100% W, sometimes Q or R while running. That's reality.

-Enemies in low Content have far to less HP
    -Tanks are far to slow
    -If these "TANK-DD" die, there is no really punishment

Well they are often dead & most "fun" thing is: even if tank kites mobs door to door,,, dps still somewhy attacking them on the run dropping aggro to themselves.
    & coolest thing is: they leaving healer behind so tank must decide: to lead flock from door to door to be in tempo or trying to keep healer safe (because soon as dps triggered mobs & ran away, so aggro placing on.... healer (knowing that in m16++ healing triggers agro too) if hes not fast enough. what ends in demise... & whining that supports are worthless.
    From dps side as my gwf 2nd paragon it sounds like: "mobs will die from 2 punches not matetr running or not why must i search new aoe techniques & spent time & resourses"- its reminding of pre- m16 times when we ran with 1-2 combos whole pve thing.
    As tank i can increase run-speed by some amount on gwf but its still will be in cost of surviveability& still not enough time to both race & make your functions
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I am trying to make sense of your posts @aovent and @drago, it read more like an incoherent rant, could you edit your posts? I play an OP healer/tank, DC healer and Barbarian tank and I've not experienced any of what you claimed. Tank and healers are very much respected in game and are highest in demand for any kind of runs. Any party would appreciate having mobs/boss focus on the tank so they can keep their dps rotations instead of kiting. Healers can heal and remove debuffs.

Some truth to your rants, overpowered dps/any role will just run ahead and kill mobs/ agro boss. When I am a tank or healer, if such dps is capable and able to stay alive, all the power to them. If they blamed me for their death, I would just brushed it off and move on. If you really want to enjoy NW, know that some players will upset you but it could easily be remedy by putting them on ignore and abandon instance and start a better run.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    First of all, enemies in low level dungeons have more then enough HP especially how scaling works it's magic on some of us that are not close to the max. possible stats, and not everyone wants to snail through some low level content for the daily rAD bonus and some really outdated crappy rewards.

Second, i have a 23k IL Fighter and 21k Paladin and i run both as tanks, if some DPS thinks he can handle the whole dungeon by his lonesome, fine by me, i'll just follow the trail of corpses with the rest of the group to the point where he has to wait for us anyway. DPS that can't survive situations they create through their stupid actions can die and respawn, i might revive them once if i can, but that's it.

Third, if any DPS starts acting out in any form, he gets a cozy place on my ignore list, and if that's not enough a vote kick, there more then enough reasonable DPS out there to fill an open slot within moments... but i honestly can't recall a recent dungeon or skirmish run where i had to go that far.

Last but not least, as a tank with a high IL you should have no problem with finding a place in a solid guild or alliance, filled with people focused on working together as a team instead of against each other in group content.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    nic1985 said:

I am trying to make sense of your posts @aovent and @drago, it read more like an incoherent rant, could you edit your posts? I play an OP healer/tank, DC healer and Barbarian tank and I've not experienced any of what you claimed. Tank and healers are very much respected in game and are highest in demand for any kind of runs. Any party would appreciate having mobs/boss focus on the tank so they can keep their dps rotations instead of kiting. Healers can heal and remove debuffs.

Some truth to your rants, overpowered dps/any role will just run ahead and kill mobs/ agro boss. When I am a tank or healer, if such dps is capable and able to stay alive, all the power to them. If they blamed me for their death, I would just brushed it off and move on. If you really want to enjoy NW, know that some players will upset you but it could easily be remedy by putting them on ignore and abandon instance and start a better run.

First you say you made not experienced any of what you claimed. Then you say "Some truth to your rants, overpowered dps/any role will just run ahead"
    That's exactly what I complain about? Is this some sort of military confusing techniques?
    Ofcourse this don't happen in every game. If you want to say that, then I can admit it. That would be a gamebreaker. But as you admit yourself. It happens. And it's not rarely.
    I don't know how to write it better that you can understand me better. I think it was distinct described.
    regenerde said:

Third, if any DPS starts acting out in any form, he gets a cozy place on my ignore list, and if that's not enough a vote kick, there more then enough reasonable DPS out there to fill an open slot within moments... but i honestly can't recall a recent dungeon or skirmish run where i had to go that far.

It's okay. But I dislike the feeling I need to be carried.

• Options
    "
    regenerde said:

First of all, enemies in low level dungeons have more then enough HP especially how scaling works it's magic on some of us that are not close to the max. possible stats, and not everyone wants to snail through some low level content for the daily rAD bonus and some really outdated crappy rewards.

Second, i have a 23k IL Fighter and 21k Paladin and i run both as tanks, if some DPS thinks he can handle the whole dungeon by his lonesome, fine by me, i'll just follow the trail of corpses with the rest of the group to the point where he has to wait for us anyway. DPS that can't survive situations they create through their stupid actions can die and respawn, i might revive them once if i can, but that's it.

Last but not least, as a tank with a high IL you should have no problem with finding a place in a solid guild or alliance, filled with people focused on working together as a team instead of against each other in group content.

"

you must be hell lucky if u got adequate teams much often... mostly its just idiots who charging forward, messing all up, often dying & blaming all on supports. thing happening quite often unfortunately or ild not start this line: big alliances- often the same. "Paingiver goes up- brains going down, were only ones".

Well seeing what happens currently i cant agree with: "mobs allready got much enough hp"... so even low dmg tank with no combat pets (augment only) cleaning things way too easy alone... low level- like malabog, valindra& etc- clear but when same happens in middle tier... lets just say currently i cannot solo (with quite low dmg) only stuff with group mechanics or dps checks (done up to msp solo 0 deaths with few exeptions). With very low dmg setup...
    So i was able to cutt through dryads & flocks of nature in msp alone with low dmg- showing their hp is pathetically low.
  • Options
    nic1985 said:

Well very often i do hear: 'tanks not needed anywhere outside tomm"... so far cant call myself useless thus hearing that is... strange+ i rarely see groups that stacking together... not matter randoms or even alliance & runners i did saw- even with low stats, charging 100 km ahead- dying (most fun part is in places i can solo whole dunge but not on hdpser) & blaming tank & heal why they not chased.
    thing described in 2 words: "paingiver go on- brains turning off, supporters-.... race us if u can"...
    in start post i scribed situations when dpsers managing to ruin even "door- to door" kiting.
  • Options

nic1985 said:

First you say you made not experienced any of what you claimed. Then you say "Some truth to your rants, overpowered dps/any role will just run ahead"
    That's exactly what I complain about? Is this some sort of military confusing techniques?
    Ofcourse this don't happen in every game. If you want to say that, then I can admit it. That would be a gamebreaker. But as you admit yourself. It happens. And it's not rarely.
    I don't know how to write it better that you can understand me better. I think it was distinct described.
    regenerde said:

It's okay. But I dislike the feeling I need to be carried.

wanna hear cool joke? & better see?
    they say mobs in any high dunges are tough & strong enough... then HOW im soloing msp on gwf juggernaut?
    no dmg of dps, no surviveability of proper tank with 0 deaths? In proper balance they should shred me into pieces so il need to look for tank & healer or healer & dps & stop "showing off"...
    srsly if i can do this & not only in msp- it means mobs are too squish...
    whats is juggernaut? oldschool gwf feature from m15 resurrected with knowlege of m16. in group completely useless, effective only vs mobs & not strong ones. "zombie Extermination Crusader"
    i technically not suppose to be able to solo it but its what im doing. number of deaths depents on laggs i met when kicked dryads archers
  • Options
    micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I am sorry for your trouble keeping up mate. Most runs below tomm my turtle (paladin tank) is easily ahead of dps in speed and often I am 2nd or 3rd on paingiver. Even in Infernal Citadel I have no issue keeping with the group, nor do healers. I would say your missing some basic speed gain options, Like 3x gladiators guile or sambocade buff food from your stronghold. Not a lot of great tanking mount insignia buff choices out there so I would go with Gladiators x3 and you won't feel so slow. If your unsure you can also check out my paladin build on my youtube channel just search "Crolm The Reaver"
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    I still cannot make sense of the things from your posts @aovent, If you want the community respond to your posts and give you feedback, at least make it clear. There are so much texts and ranting from your respond, I don’t even know how to properly give you feedback.

From what I can understand you just have very bad experienced playing a tank. Yet you have not mentioned what tank class you play? Which my respond post above agree and disagree with. However @michael1979 above have offered you a tank build hopefully you find it useful.
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I am confused on what I am reading. So anything below that dungeon does not require a tank? Unless this game has changed completely on this new mod I recall dungeons really needing that tank and that healer.
    I remember doing dungeons low level ones and the dps would die with out the tank and healer.
    So ya I am totally confused on this topic. Just not sure there is any thing that can really back up against the claim that a tank or healer is not needed. Not even sure parties would say hey tank we do not need you.
    I for one run dps and I for one enjoy having the tank getting beat on so i can do my job as a dps.
  • Options
    nic1985 said:

I still cannot make sense of the things from your posts @aovent, If you want the community respond to your posts and give you feedback, at least make it clear. There are so much texts and ranting from your respond, I don’t even know how to properly give you feedback.

From what I can understand you just have very bad experienced playing a tank. Yet you have not mentioned what tank class you play? Which my respond post above agree and disagree with. However @michael1979 above have offered you a tank build hopefully you find it useful.

its simple: "mobs arent tough enough so most often dpsers forgot how to run dungeons normal ways & instead making it a race & swearing that tank "not needed anywhere below tomm" what creates quite negative expirience" (translated from english specially for you)
  • Options

I am sorry for your trouble keeping up mate. Most runs below tomm my turtle (paladin tank) is easily ahead of dps in speed and often I am 2nd or 3rd on paingiver. Even in Infernal Citadel I have no issue keeping with the group, nor do healers. I would say your missing some basic speed gain options, Like 3x gladiators guile or sambocade buff food from your stronghold. Not a lot of great tanking mount insignia buff choices out there so I would go with Gladiators x3 and you won't feel so slow. If your unsure you can also check out my paladin build on my youtube channel just search "Crolm The Reaver"

i can run like crazy chicken on tank aswell (but since gwf sprint remains on mainly dps paragon im better runner on dps),,, but why i must perform such perversion to chase 3 selfish arrogant-ers?
  • Options
    b4t1b4t said:

I am confused on what I am reading. So anything below that dungeon does not require a tank? Unless this game has changed completely on this new mod I recall dungeons really needing that tank and that healer.
    I remember doing dungeons low level ones and the dps would die with out the tank and healer.
    So ya I am totally confused on this topic. Just not sure there is any thing that can really back up against the claim that a tank or healer is not needed. Not even sure parties would say hey tank we do not need you.
    I for one run dps and I for one enjoy having the tank getting beat on so i can do my job as a dps.

well it hugely depends on your own might & survival potential. Even msp is solo-able for gwf but.... takes about 2 hours... + why you will waste on addit scrolls time & gear-up on char that not performs as both tank & dps= huge question... Normal group runs takes less & more organised (mobs going where they needed & etc).