test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SELF HEALING.. OR LACK OF

doompriest70doompriest70 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I followed this game a year before it was released with a lot of expectation's. I left soon after, the game is beautiful, but the one thing that bugs me the most, is the lack of healing vs dmg taken. even on my tank, Now of course there is a solution.. buy stone of healing, suck those babies down, that can get pretty expensive.

In the last two days I have went from a new toon (as to learn the game again, a lot has changed.. and not so much) im sitting at just shy of lv 60 and oh yea the damage coming in is far more than I can heal on my healing pally.

Any way just wanted to vent, in group dungeons its not bad at all its only the solo dungeons Im finding its becoming a %$%^$#

-Doom

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Self heal during combat is now done through insignia bonus and weapon/armor enchantment. Of course, also Health Potion and Healing stone.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Depending on which area you're in and which gear you're using it's possible your defense (and other stats) is very low. Many gear drops in under level 70 content are bad. Once you're level 70 you get access to actually pretty good gear.

Also better healing potions are available every 10 - 20 levels or so, so make sure you use the currently best ones. Maybe they suffice and you don't need health stones.
  • Options
    doompriest70doompriest70 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Depending on which area you're in and which gear you're using it's possible your defense (and other stats) is very low. Many gear drops in under level 70 content are bad. Once you're level 70 you get access to actually pretty good gear.

Also better healing potions are available every 10 - 20 levels or so, so make sure you use the currently best ones. Maybe they suffice and you don't need health stones.

One thing I did that made a diffrence was switching to a Cleric companion, also filled two of her slots with equipment and put some epic enchantments in her gear. As for the potions they dont even touch my hp the 10k ones barely do anything, combined with my epic version of my artifact.

I will admit things are better, I only need a hit off of my stone here and there. Thanks for the reply.

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Heal pots give some. Not a lot. They aren't intended to. The end-game pots only seem to give back 1/5-1/4 at most.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    jaggid#6299 jaggid Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I just returned to the game after some years away myself, and leveled a new toon to 80. In the leveling, I never once had to use a healing potion or stone.

I echo the sentiment of the previous reply that you should look at your gear and consider upping defense and look at your insignia bonuses and consider slotting some that do healing under conditions that are favorable for your character.

Just as an FYI, capping your defense means you take half as much damage. It makes a massive difference. Also resist the temptation to use a healing companion while working on this. You will be better off with a companion that ups your damage, like a good augment, or one that does good damage....enemies that die faster do less damage and healing companions, in general, suck as an active companion.

Once you are 80, some of the things you might opt to solo will likely require the use of healing potions and stones, but if you're using them at all before that, you're neglecting other things that would alleviate the issue. Once at 80, you won't blow through them too quickly if you group for things that are best when grouped if you make sure the group includes a healer (or be the healer yourself, obviously).

Lastly, when solo as a paladin, don't slot any healing spells. Slot your good damage spells. It goes back to the "kill enemies faster to reduce damage" concept. Heal paragon paladins have 3 excellent damage encounter powers and the healing at will is simply garbage; you're wasting the slot with a healing spell in there.

Get good at hitting shift to block when the bigger hits are coming in and you'll be golden. I also leveled a healing paladin, and block is awesome. The only "heal" I have slotted when solo is that I keep Lay On Hands as one of my dailies as my "Oh SH**" button.
  • Options
    burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    One thing that seems to have gone unnoticed from the last patch-nado, is waiting til you are out of combat for 3 seconds to start self heal.
    It makes choosing out smaller mobs to agro, or fleeing the area, into new mechanics.
    The Stone of health is becoming mandatory gear for even common Avernus adventuring, so the 180k ad price is gonna have to be absorbed. Life steal was overpowered, but I bet it would fit in perfectly in the new dungeons.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Heal pots give some. Not a lot. They aren't intended to. The end-game pots only seem to give back 1/5-1/4 at most.

Boons on the right give you more healing for potions including "a chance" for lingering healing. It will never go back to the way it use to be, that way is gone. If you get all the boons (15 points) it comes to +15% extra per potion. The other boon (4 boon points) is a +4% to incoming healing. The boons are dumbed down now but we have to make due with what they grant us.

The potions no longer drop in battle. Options are to purchase them with gold/AD or make them in professions. I don't seem to have noticed any issues with running low on potions in Avernus. There was the one time, I had to guzzle on them, in that stupid bar fight. I don't like fighting in a broom closet.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    I've got piles of VIP heal pots squirreled away on each character.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Healing potions do not seem to be a rare drop when I am adventuring.
  • Options
    They were removed from the combat drop tables.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I have not seen any health potion drop in the new areas in the last few mods. It may appear once a while in some chest, some event bags, etc. HP potion is rare in those already. Even when it does drop a health potion, it is an old one (small heal).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    From my estimates, you get more out of buying the Health Potions from the AH rather than spending gold from the vendor. I do get the lower level potions once in a great while, but never in combat.

wb-cenders.gif