test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tournament of the Champions - PvP Tournament (Update 2.0)

2»

Comments

• Options
    gotfloundergotflounder Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I can also see the sub thing to be an issue, however the alternative would be to forfeit or play a man down...unless a reschedule is agreed upon. No substitute makes it easier for Pain and myself and potentially the teams as well. I would like some responses from others on this topic and we may remove that option if it satisfies the majority.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    kingofmuaythaikingofmuaythai Member Posts: 1 New User
    I totally agree to reschedule the game if any team member doesn't show up to play
  • Options
    We are hoping to not having any reschedules as it causes many issues. It makes the tournament longer than need be as well as I am going to be trying to stream and have commentators for all the matches. Also that is why we have the 2 teams playing each other deciding on the agreed time so hopefully there will be no need for reschedules. Obviously circumstances arise and that is understandable but we are trying to make sure we do everything possible to prevent that.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    the broken in pvp soulforged 8 seconds extended immunity frame enchantment revive on death) should not be allowed either ( there are a few ways to counter but not many ) ..plz add to the list I can probably think of another few questionable items quite easily ..

also for the sake of transparency I would like to know which players were involved / had input in coming up with the list of rules ..was this discussed in discord
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    The list of rules was discussed between Pain an I. We have taken input from posts and what people have said about certain items in game and on streams. We are always open to changing or adding things, that is what this post is about as well. If you have any issues with specific rules please let us know. Soulforge will be discussed and I will keep you updated.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    thebenetratorthebenetrator Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

the broken in pvp soulforged 8 seconds extended immunity frame enchantment revive on death) should not be allowed either

Yeah soulforged is just as worse as sigil,

This is a good initiative and exactly what I was suggesting in a post I made hoping someone would host and make pvp streamed with rules.

Maybe the devs can listen to the rules that come out and adopt them, should be easy for devs to simply not allow people to Q if they have any of the banned/broken items set by this initiative. No big hard programming necessary there :-)

Flounder and Pain, you must be ready for a lot of BASHING from people who just like to complain and unappreciative, but rest assured the ones who want to see PvP grow and just have fun will support you.
  • Options
    gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Lol those rules, add more
    -no lion as it is another skill
    - no bloodletter on barbs as it Is bugged
    -no Stealth on trs bc oneshot
    - no repel on mages bc they throw you to the other corner
    - no weapons, just lvl 100 training

good luck with that tournament, im not in
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Soulforged is bugged and isn't supposed to grant damage immunity, its only supposed to grant control immunity. That bug showed up out of nowhere a few mods ago. Soulforged is aids when a majority of a team uses it.

That said, I doubt you'll see many full premades using it. The healers might but usually you see fewer top tier dps doing that.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options

Lol those rules, add more

-no lion as it is another skill

- no bloodletter on barbs as it Is bugged

-no Stealth on trs bc oneshot

- no repel on mages bc they throw you to the other corner

- no weapons, just lvl 100 training

good luck with that tournament, im not in

Thank you for your comment. We truly appreciate the people like you who are super helpful in the process. Your presence in the tournament will be sorely missed, maybe next time.......

If anyone would like to actually contribute something constructive like Marigold just did, that is what we are looking for. Thank you very much in advance. This is work in progress and this is for the community so it only makes sense we take input from them. Anyone else have thoughts on Soulforge? As said before, we want to make it as fair as possible and remove items that are either broken, not working as intended or super overpowered or annoying.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    barbiefortinha#5895 barbiefortinha Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    i'm agree with anything....With or without soulforged, with or without sub, with or without op sigil, with or without overloads ....

some bugs (soulforged) and some disadvantages will not steal merit from the best player / team. PvP is much more than advantages / bugs. The best in PvP also has the best strategies (hold node and take node), items targeted for PvP, necessary status and knowledge of your class in this context.

I suggest that those who like PvP, participate without crying so much.

by Adamantium
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Some general thoughts on banning items:

With banning some items, the aim isn't to remove literally everything that could be considered annoying or powerful, we don't want everyone wrapped in bubble wrap and welding wooden swords here.
    Its to thin out how many of the BS items are being used together at the same time and to increase how much skill it takes to preform well.

If you have people wearing most or all of the latest broken HAMSTER or the very worst and most hated examples of broken HAMSTER, that has a very negative effect on PVP participation. If you make PVP not fun to play because too much stuff is overlapping and you make it so people can't function against their opponent, it makes people not want to play.
    This is especially true if these disproportionate advantages take little to no effort or skill to use and there is either no counter or the counter is unreasonably difficult and/or inconsistent to pull off.

The rules flounder has up so far, aren't unreasonable. There are a few items listed that I already said weren't important to ban but aren't really a problem to ban either.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    Exactly. I would be fine with adding soulforged to the banned items, but probably stop there unless a new bugged item appears in the meantime or something. There obviously are more overpowered items, but that list could get too long and players would have to adapt their builds for the tournament, which is costly and time consuming. I think the most important stuff is already covered.
  • Options
    Due to personal work, life conflicts and issues with a lot of people's schedules...as of now the start date for the tournament will be 26 Feb. This will also give everyone until 23 Feb to create your teams and enter them in the tournament. Finalization of all the prizes, rules and layout will be posted on 24 Feb. I will update the original post to reflect this.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    deathklaat666deathklaat666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    would be down with organized fair Pvp anytime if someone wants a Rogue to add to team Morbid-Psychosis@deathklaat666
    Message or mail me for team invite(also wouldnt mind contributing to Prize purses)
  • Options
    Update thread coming today with prizes and all rules outlined. Make sure you guys sign up your teams in the discord.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    Original post has been updated now with the new graphics and prizes.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    @sandukutupu, @gotflounder ,

Got it! I'm in. I don't PvP, but I can, for sure, add some goodies to the pot. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Flounder, I've sent you a private message about the newer added restrictions surrounding which classes and roles can play together, they would force 2 teams that have already formed with your old class rules in mind to disband, including mine.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    For everyone's clarification, the rule will be only 1 healer spec per team. If you are spec'd as DPS you will not be allowed to using healing abilities. Therefore, DC and OP and SW are all interchangeable with the teams as long as only 1 heals.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    Ty, this fixes my above concern.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    Main post updated again. Rules are final now. I will start adding the teams to the main post once they have joined up.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    Team Signup is officially closed. All teams registered have been posted on the original post. Matchups for tournament will be decided tonight and the tournament will officially start on Feb 26th.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    The first two matches of the tournament should be this Saturday. I will update on exact times.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    Good luck to every team ;) (and very nice edited 1st post :P) .
  • Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Well I'd be willing to help out in some way if a team likes. I am not a PVPer but I can take my tank spec Barbie and do something, potentially. :)
  • Options
    2 More matches tomorrow. Starting at 2000 GMT (1500 EST). See you all in the twitch stream.

Paper Pepegas vs. The Protected by Barhart
    +Ape vs. Paper Royal Flush
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    3 matches today now. First match is at 1730 UTC/GMT (1230 EST) and I will be live for all of them.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    Another match for the tournament will be hosted live on my Twitch channel today. The match will be +Ape vs. Noname at 2200 GMT (1800 EST). We will also have 2 matches on Sunday...I will post those times when I get them. Hope to see you all there.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    There should be two matches today. One at 1400 GMT (1000 EST) Noname vs. Paper Pepegas and the other at 2030 GMT (1630 EST) +Ape vs. Paper Pepegas. I will update if things change. See you there.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • Options
    niklilly#0856 niklilly Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    :3 :pnice