test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Way to go ARC!

caenyyencaenyyen Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I was playing and all of a sudden the server shut off. NO WARNING, NO NOTHING. Now my toon is in a high mob area, so as soon as I log back in he's dead.

Comments

• Options
    jshetley#1170 jshetley Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    There was a warning 1 hour ago. Going to release a patch for Lunar event I think.
  • Options
    arailem#1581 arailem Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Yeah, because god forbid they wanted to fix the event issues considering a fair majority of the game couldn't get the quests.

You don't lose any experience upon death like other mmos, use a injury kit and move on, and maybe not disable system notify next time.
    Sunshine SaltmineIs only game, why you have to be so buttmad?
  • Options
    edenfay#2737 edenfay Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Corpse run time. Hopefully you can find a necromancer with a few spare Jade Inlaid Coffins.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,228 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    There were warnings. Many of them, 30 minutes, 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 minute.
    I got out when the message said the server will shut down in 1 minute.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    When players are dropped in the middle of something and they log back on, doesn't the "Safe Log On?" prompt not show?

If one is in the middle of a battle and for some reason loses connectivity, given the choice, not selecting "Safe Log On?" is player's error not a game error.
    caenyyen said:

I was playing and all of a sudden the server shut off. NO WARNING, NO NOTHING. Now my toon is in a high mob area, so as soon as I log back in he's dead.

Sans the option to log back on safely, if you were disconnected and logged back on to the same area you were disconnected, at least you didn't have to start over from the beginning to get to where you were disconnected...

Sometimes you have to go with the 'silver lining' - because just like real life, stuff happens ~ :confounded:

DD~
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    uh... I see several "issues" here.

@caenyyen where is there a "high end" mob in Protector's Enclave. That was the only map shut down. I remained active 100% during the patch in River District. Also Snooks was making fun of the announcements.

Yeah, because god forbid they wanted to fix the event issues considering a fair majority of the game couldn't get the quests.

You don't lose any experience upon death like other mmos, use a injury kit and move on, and maybe not disable system notify next time.

I agree with your statement, with the exception... you cannot disable the system announcements. Yes, I have tried. You can block and remove them from your screen, but you cannot remove them in your chat.

Finally back to @caenyyen this is not the Dark Souls of MMOs, in fact, it is so far removed from it, I would call it polar opposite. All of Cryptic games are Anti Dark Souls of MMOs. I don't recommend Dark Souls for you, it is definitely not your game.

Now go have fun! <3

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,228 Arc User
    edited February 2020

uh... I see several "issues" here.

@caenyyen where is there a "high end" mob in Protector's Enclave. That was the only map shut down. I remained active 100% during the patch in River District. Also Snooks was making fun of the announcements.

I agree with your statement, with the exception... you cannot disable the system announcements. Yes, I have tried. You can block and remove them from your screen, but you cannot remove them in your chat.

Finally back to @caenyyen this is not the Dark Souls of MMOs, in fact, it is so far removed from it, I would call it polar opposite. All of Cryptic games are Anti Dark Souls of MMOs. I don't recommend Dark Souls for you, it is definitely not your game.

Now go have fun!
    OP's post is not about last night but 2 nights before when Cryptic shutdown the server for 15 minutes on Thursday.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***