test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Negative feedback about m18. Delete some dungeons from random queue!!!

dolreydolrey Member Posts: 741 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hello. Here is negative feedback about m18.

In m18 developres returned some relatively hard dungeons (for random team) into random queue ("lair of the mad mage" or "cradle of the dead god" etc). I am sure that many players will agree with me that it was mistake. In short it is just 15 min prison to wait until vote for leaving dungeon (otherwise you will just get 30 min penalty) or to wait until somebody will take this 30 min penalty by himself.

Unfortunately in old days of broken op mechanics instead of fixing and tuning them developers chose the easiest way - to add oneshot mechanics and limit time by dps check phases or by timer. Thank to this we have very very how to say it better.. stupid and "linear" PvE. Let me explain what I mean by the word "linear".

To complete dungeon (or heroic encounter) you need:
a) Have enough stats.
b) Know how to counter mechanics of oneshots. What is pretty simple if you have point "a".

IT DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL HOW EXACTLY YOU PLAY!!
If you have enough stats you faceroll dungeon. If you don't have enough stats you can't complete dungeon (no matter how many times you try). This is why some players call one content trivial while others call same content too hard. Your game is all about stats. WHAT IS VERY BAD.

Going back to the main topic what should we do when we come into random team where more than half of players:
a) Have not enough stats.
b) Don't know what to do.
We don't enjoy to sit and wait 15 mins for vote for leaving or for hero leaver who will take 30 min penalty. And "try harder" does not work because of previously described reasons.

So this problem has 2 decisions again:
1) The easiest one is to delete all these dungeons from random queue again.
2) The hardest one is to finally tune all op mechanics (op stats, different strong sourses of healing like stones of health, some insignias and artifacts etc). Create different difficulty levels for each dungeon to players with different stats should be able to chose proper difficulty for them. And rework mechanics of all group content (dungeons, skirmishes, heroic encounters etc).

Currently now Neverwinter Online is like this ugly ice cream.
Is it mmorpg? Yes. But is it good mmorpg? No.
And you don't need global things to change this. You need to fix a lot of tons of small things because exactly this is quality and difference between your game and good game (like between panda at the packing and terrible creature looking into your soul from the ice cream stick).

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    dolrey said:

...because it is just pig in a poke!!

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Quick fix for you:
    a) guild mates.
    b) alliance.
    c) ppl in PE or even YP.

When you get a team of 5 or 10, click the random Q you want to play aaaaand done.

Q&A:
    Q: My guild has no one on rn and my alliance isn't replying me. What should i do?
    A: You go to PE or YP and lets say you are looking for a team for redq, so you got to say:
    "lf4m redq tank, healer, 2 dps" if you are Tank or Healer, just take that one out and add one dps. And you can inspect them to be sure they have the IL or stats you are looking for.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour