test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New mods and reseting character's feats/boons/etc => devs, let us know some days before...

tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
edited January 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello,

Sorry, but it's a bit of a rant. [edit : nevermind, it's more limited than i thought]

Devs, whenever you plan to reset something in the toon's feats/boons/etc, can you give us an in-game mail or make an announcement few days before so we can at least save/screenshot our previous builds ? Or did i miss the warning (although i'm quite fairly following the forums) ? Or is it possible to have a "ghost" of the previous choices ?

For me, it was hard to get in mod16 already (as a lot of us), and it was mostly because I had to redo and relearn all my playable toons (ok i was very aware i would have to go through that).
Yet again, i have to distribute points, and can't really remember where exactly where they were distributed yesterday on most of my toons (main and 2 big alts will be ok, but the others...)

Though i understand very well the reasons why this boon reset happens, it's kind of a problem when you have 38 toons (I only rebuild 20 since mod16...), at least one of each class, and didn't have the presence of mind to take some screenshots of all your builds... [edit : "only" 8 of my toons are affected by the respec for me, it's not as terrible as I thought]
Even if with the changes in class balance it's possible i'm going to put points differently (though i doubt for the most part), redoing that again really throw me out of the window... especiallly as I like doing my builds myself (not copy paste mmominds or anyother), and some (alt toons) were specialized for something precise...

Damn. Let's go again for some days of figuring out where to put points for me...
Post edited by tchefi#6735 on

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I stumbled across this a week ago, but people shouldn't have to sift through pages of multiple threads on the preview forum to see that our stats would be reset. There would have been nothing wrong with an official announcement a week ago telling everyone that this was coming.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    It's a nice idea, this would be cool.
    I only have a small idea about some classes now since M16 so setting them up again would (will, haven't checked yet) be a lot of work again.
    - bye bye -
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    my item levels have dropped by 500 on some toons! And boons arent reset.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Is it only boon point? How about feat? (not in game yet)
    I expect they touch boon. I don't expect they touch feat.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    boons, feats and characteristics (unsure of the wording, things like strength, charisma, constitution) (and paragon to choose again).

I end up with 6 different classes I have to redo (and 8 toons total). It's a bit painful...
  • casey#2467 casey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I had 70 boons now only 67, what else did they nerf?
    edited January 2020

I had 70 boons now only 67, what else did they nerf?

You are supposed to have 67. You got 70 because of a bug which they now fixed.
    What else were nerf'ed is a long list.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    wish i had known, only just found out now on logging in. cant remember all the tweaks i made to my feats etc. gonna have to do some research and rebuild now. all 9 toons, what a headache. if i had known could have taken some screen dumps and sorted everything in a few mins. pain in the HAMSTER.
  • korinka#1814 korinka Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Now I have only 63 boons, but all my old companies were closed before M16 and I never had 70-71 boons by last update bug?!
    63 at all! Did you just cut everyone for 3-4 boons off?! Not f***g funny!
    Post edited by korinka#1814 on
    edited January 2020

Now I have only 63 boons, but all my companies were closed before M16 and I never had 70-71 boons by last update bug?!
    63 at all! Did you just cut everyone for 3-4 boons off?! Not f***g funny!

That means you get the right number of boon.
    The max number of boon is 67 if you finished all the campaign.
    You did not do mod 16 which gives 4 boon. So, 63 is correct.
    Yes, you had that bug.
    Where it was said I didn't close M16?
    edited January 2020

Where it was said I didn't close M16?

You said "all my companies were closed before M16".
    If you have everything finished, you should have said "all my campaigns were closed" or "all my campaign were closed before M18".
    edited January 2020
    I beg your pardon, but english is not my mother tongue. The last campaign was closed more then year ago (at winter) with all these tedious acorns... there was nothing on the list when Undermountain come.
    edited January 2020

I beg your pardon, but english is not my mother tongue. The last campaign was closed more then year ago (at winter) with all these tedious acorns... there was nothing on the list when Undermountain come.

Mod 16 is undermountain which has 4 boons.
    If you have finished undermountain, what you described is a bug.
    If you have not finished undermountain, 63 is the correct number of boon.
    Alas! Yes! I've finished undermountain and I'd never had 71 boons these times! But now – 63... just cool!
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    If we aren't affected by the bug, will we have to respec? I'm not pleased about potentially having to respec yet again.

I'll pics of all my toons on xbox as soon as I log in again so I don't forget what I have when they do it to us on console too...

If we aren't affected by the bug, will we have to respec? I'm not pleased about potentially having to respec yet again.

I'll pics of all my toons on xbox as soon as I log in again so I don't forget what I have when they do it to us on console too...

At least you can now remember your current or better for having mod 19 re-spec ready vs .... we need to figure out all the toon and all their layouts. Then, we will need to re-spec again once we figure out what mod 19 should have. Sigh!
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I don't understand the need to do a forced full toon respec though. Why not just the boons?
    Why make redo our ability score, paragon path and feats (and speaking of feats, why does it reset our powers!!!) Just reroll our boons, and offer a set of 5 free reroll tokens for everyone. Because it's inevitable that we'll stuff up at least once, and not all of us have collected a zillion reroll token from winterfest.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @milehighxr#1299 said:
    > If we aren't affected by the bug, will we have to respec? I'm not pleased about potentially having to respec yet again.
    >
    > I'll pics of all my toons on xbox as soon as I log in again so I don't forget what I have when they do it to us on console too...

The characters that got reset all had all boons up throughod 14 but not 15, before the boon rework in mod 16. The characters who got the majority of their boons after mod 16 were not reset.

Just a tip, but before rebuilding your spec on any loadout, click through all of your loadouts and then back to the first loadout. The game is resetting specs when you first log onto a character and then when you first switch to a given loadout. Each loadout is reset separately. If you don't leave the current loadout *and return* before respeccing, you will have to do it twice.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother