test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP

zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
edited January 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
I have been playing for about 6,000 hours (not straight lol). Got 4 master-booned characters. Only 1 campaign was bought out on one of them. I've dabbled in PvP and loved it at low levels. At high levels... its like joining a Superbowl mid-game with no gear or knowledge. Without strategy, knowledge, and specialized equipments... you are a ragdoll out there. Even if you can survive it.. you probably are enraging team members that expect you to behave differently as a team.

Many players have suggested removal of PvP. I am not for this at all. On the contrary... I'd like to see it become a 'part' of the general PvE game player experience. I suggest 3 things to make PvP fun again and have it add to the game player experience:

1) Put a PvP match on the Random Queue right on top... allowing a player to gain 10,000 AD for their first win per day.
2) Incorporate some PvP into wars of a campaign, that grants some sort of campaign currency to gain PvE boons.
3) Allow players to create level 80 PvP only characters that can be used in tournament seasons... cheaply.. so they dont have to use their PvE specced characters. Add PvP-only stones, insignias, mounts, etc... that can be earned cheaply while playing PvP so that new players can spec-out their PvP characters. To be clear... these PvP characters would never be allowed to be used in PvE.

Comments

• kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

1) Put a PvP match on the Random Queue right on top... allowing a player to gain 10,000 AD for their first win per day.
    2) Incorporate some PvP into wars of a campaign, that grants some sort of campaign currency to gain PvE boons.
    3) Allow players to create level 80 PvP only characters that can be used in tournament seasons... cheaply.. so they dont have to use their PvE specced characters. Add PvP-only stones, insignias, mounts, etc... that can be earned cheaply while playing PvP so that new players can spec-out their PvP characters. To be clear... these PvP characters would never be allowed to be used in PvE.

So some of these are things that have been tried before here ....

AD for your first win of the day:

This used to be the way PvP was - Deekin would give you a quest to win a PvP match each day and it had an AD reward for it. The PvP community hated it because instead of bringing in new players, it brought in swarms of people who didn't really care about PvP, they just wanted the AD. Matches suffered and there was furstration all around until eventually the PvP community petitioned the devs to remove AD rewards from PvP.

PvP in a PvE campaign:

The Icewind Dale campaign does in fact feature PvP areas and PvP events and quests. However, it was never really very popular for that and to be honest it has pretty much always been used as an area for PvPers to practice 1v1. Sometimes you will find a PvEer who has wandered into the PvP area looking for black ice .... but they usually get very upset if you attack them (As they are usually not at all interested in PvP).

PvP only gear:

The game has some PvP only gear available now (Look at the trade of blades and at your guild stronghold). PvP only players can also get by without the expense of bonding stones, companions or runestones ... however I cannot see Cryptic letting you have cheaper PvP only enchants (as wards are one of the major zen market items keeping the game afloat) or Legendary mounts. Most people just PvP on the same characters they PvE on, but using a different loadout (and usually different set of gear). This is all not to mention that most of the gear and boons in the game comes from PvE already, so any PvP character needs to do PvE to gear up (Unless Cryptic really provided substitute gear for EVERYTHING).
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Agree with everything @kiraskytower said and will add in response to the below, isn't this a purpose of loadouts. If you have a level 80 PVE toon, build a PVP loadout.

3) Allow players to create level 80 PvP only characters that can be used in tournament seasons... cheaply.. so they dont have to use their PvE specced characters.