test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soulweaver Issues

legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User
PS. I posted this in the player feedback of the Xbox, but this section seems more fitting.

I made a post recently regarding issues to Soulweaver spec as it pertains to raid dungeons.

The soulweaver spec is a toon central oriented spec. Powers are exerted from the toon onto other characters. None of the powers are point and click area based, which makes it difficult to heal raid members in a section of the map. All powers only apply to PARTY members (5 at any given time); this is hampering the healing class when in a RAID environment. It seems to be an issue with the coding of the soulweaver when casting spells as oppose to AREA point & click powers that paladins and clerics have. In addition, ALL the powers including soul mending requires soul sparks. None of the other classes at-will require a resource, which is problematic in itself. In addition, its single target based and the soulspark it drains is drastic compared to the encounter shatterspark.

Furthermore, the magnitude of the encounters and powers, including daily, are extremely low. This is a problem in the DPS spec as well, which many of us have been protesting to get them increased & powers reworked. When comparing the area healing power of paladins and clerics, our is much lower in magnitude. Powers like Soul Pact (daily) for the health penalty of 10% health every second it incurs is currently at 500 healing magnitude; It should heal 1000 magnitude plus the damage resistance of 10% to ALL RAID members within 100 feet. Currently, it only applies to PARTY members. The other lame daily power which grant us 1 soul spark per second for 10 second with two easily to kill ghost, needs a rework.... How about grant us the ability to NOT only heal for lets say 700 magnitude but give us the ability to grant a shield 75% (YELLOW BAR so it won't override healadin's shield) of our health that last 30 seconds or until depleted to RAID members.

Warlock's Bargain is another encounter which is greatly underpowered for the penalty it incurs. Yes, it remove bad effects effectively, however, the healing it does is extremely weak. Please increase it to 400 healing magnitude as a toon central oriented power is fine,,,, HOWEVER, Shatterspark MUST be an AREA point and click power OR have the power affect all RAID members.... instead of 5 balls shooting out... up to 10 balls must shoot out to all members within the soulweaver's radius.

Similarly, I called for a rework of Vampiric Embrance and give the power ONLY to soulweavers, where the shield it adds equals to 50% of our healths to counterbalance the LIFE BIND feat. And yes, make the shield yellow (the spell exist because its equal to T9 shield spell) in our healthbar.

Any input to these issues I have encounter when healing in ToMM would be appreciated.