test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Additional UI settings/chat-commands.

ifantomen#9905 ifantomen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
For a while now I have browsed around trying to figure out a way to lower my ingame character crosshair. The ingame settings for UI offers no solution to this. And whilst searching through various working and not so working chat-commands, i came to the conclusion we have NO way of controlling the vertical height of our crosshair on screen.

PRO:

Everyone runs the same size/position and therefor gain no advantage from moving it around. (PvP exclusive example)

CON:

If re-rolling your race from a large to short model, your crosshair remains in it's elevated position. Making it both feel and look unnatural while playing. Example: Me rolling from halfling to dragon born, making the crosshair get raised on screen. But when rolling back to a halfling I get stuck with the elevated crosshair, keeping it positioned WAY above the characters head (compared to other halflings not race-rolling).

While this has no direct impact on gameplay per say, once you notice, it is somewhat annoying to look at and just feels outright wrong.
Including two screenshots displaying the problem at hand. And before someone says "change your FOV", no that does absolutely nothing.
-----------------------------

Proposal:

Fix the glitch causing the crosshair to not follow the characters height model when race re-rolling. Or give us a plain command/ui option to move the crosshair vertically on screen to fit individual playstyles.