test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old

unq#3642 unq Member Posts: 25 Arc User
Hi guys. I have two very relevant questions for those who came back to the game after a long time.
And all two questions about journals of "Tales of Old". No one top dps can do without three journals right now.
I have 200k of power and 15 levels enchants and I'm HAMSTER up compared to a guy who has 140k 8 level enchants + just 3 journals!
Are you serious? Is this really the balance you've been seeking for a long time?
Just look at the logs with and without journals. Just look...

And what chances do you give the players who are back in the game? No one!

PS There are obviously 2 serious mistakes.
1) Journals are too overpowered.
2) It must be possible to get them to players who are back in the game.

Drider // guild "The Wolves" // (GF, DC) = 80к gear+

Comments

• nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Agreed.
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Agree.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Nonsense. The 3 journal bonus is definitely not the cause to such disparity. Search elsewhere. (likely some specific attribute of some specific artefact)
  • droidonroids#1509 droidonroids Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I have all four artifacts, complete neck and waist set of the Tales of the old, warlock Hellbringer with 198k power. Running 3 tales and Demo set if I hustle I can hold my own DPS damage with rouges and barbarians. 140k wizards and rangers out Dps me. Running the complete set of Tales same result.

It’s not the Tales that is the problem, they do provide a nice HP bonus but the damage is based on Weapon damage so you are getting only 480 extra if and when it procs. The issue lies elsewhere I believe,
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Lostmauth vengeance (the set bonus) is peanuts if you're maxed on DPS, but so is running 3 artifacts with 3k power (around 1% damage increase from having more power over the 3 Tales artifacts once you're power is very high)

Tales as active can be quite good and of course puts you higher on paingiver then if you were running a debuff artifact.

If you're running Decanter and the other DPS making good use of for example the AP gain artifact that would probably make a larger difference. If running debuff artifact and Orcus you wouldn't even be able to get the set bonus, unfortunately.
    unq#3642 said:

2) It must be possible to get them to players who are back in the game.

I agree, having 2 or 3 months between the events can be very frustrating and we can't even be 100% sure the event will return this year. For tankier builds the HP alone makes them very desirable.

For me the Tales of recap event was a success except for the one dungeon with the strict time limit (one player afk for just a few minutes will ruin the entire run if you were trying to 5x) and the still unsolved connection problems (literally any loss to server connection even for only a second boots you out of the instance and you can't return)
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User

I have all four artifacts, complete neck and waist set of the Tales of the old, warlock Hellbringer with 198k power. Running 3 tales and Demo set if I hustle I can hold my own DPS damage with rouges and barbarians. 140k wizards and rangers out Dps me. Running the complete set of Tales same result.

It’s not the Tales that is the problem, they do provide a nice HP bonus but the damage is based on Weapon damage so you are getting only 480 extra if and when it procs. The issue lies elsewhere I believe,

That's because Warlocks can't outdps Wizards and Rangers, no matter what you doing. The set of three artifacts is BIS for any DPS.
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    You also get 2 points in each attribute by having 2 artifacts equipped. Still minmaxing and not a 70k power difference. Active is another thing...
  • unq#3642 unq Member Posts: 25 Arc User

You also get 2 points in each attribute by having 2 artifacts equipped. Still minmaxing and not a 70k power difference. Active is another thing...

Realy?
    What do you think the second place? I'll tell you in confidence it's Darkened Storyteller's Journal! But I think you already know that. Or do you think I came here just to dust off and check nothing?
    I said, back in first post, just check and compare logs with and without.

PS Maybe you're worried that you're gonna stop DPS if they get fix?))
    Drider // guild "The Wolves" // (GF, DC) = 80к gear+
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

You also get 2 points in each attribute by having 2 artifacts equipped.

You should not get that! The 1 point to each attribute is actually 2-part bonus from neck-belt-art combination, so if you get it only by equipping the arts - without neck or belt piece - it is bug...
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The problem is not the 3 artifacts, they DO NOT make that big difference. If somebody is using the Darkened Journal as primary, his DPS might seem off the scale.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I don't even know what the set bonuses are because the tooltips are so long they run off the screen.

• atalay4atalay4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Agree.