test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changing your crosshair reticle/circle?

ifantomen#9905 ifantomen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
I recently race re-rolled from DB to Halfling and noticed how high my crosshair is on screen for the class, being centered but way above my head making it feel really out of place and weird. I then noticed how another Halfling has his crosshair way lower than mine, which would make more sense and how i would like it aswell.

Now to my question, is there a setting or command to use to bring it up or down?
Including 2 reference pictures of mine and the other ones.

Comments

• jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Looks like the zoom function. The bottom pic looks like you are farther out than the top one. But I could be wrong.

I wish you the best,
    OPTank_
  • ifantomen#9905 ifantomen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    That is partially right, the FoV is different. But i also made a new character and looked. That one had the crosshair closer to the head (lower on screen). So fov is not the cause of it.
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Try typing the following command in the chat window:

/gfxsetdefaultfov 90

You can change the "90" to numbers between 55 and 110. Maybe can go higher and lower but I have not tested higher than 110 or lower than 55.

I think that it is per character if you change fov this way.
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
    edited January 2020

/gfxsetdefaultfov 90

You can change the "90" to numbers between 55 and 110. Maybe can go higher and lower but I have not tested higher than 110 or lower than 55.

If you would have read the other posts you'd see that i already confirmed that fov is not the cause of it as i use the same fov on the other halfling i made, which displays the crosshair correctly. But i appreciate the effort :)
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have been asking the UI developers for years to allow us the power to change and remove it. To me this is just dumb if you don't know where the center of your screen it located. Maybe it works for a range fighter but my barbarian swinging a sword? I have dug deep into the UI files and found no way to alter this at all. You can save the UI file setting and read through them, edit them, and do a lot of good things, but you cannot change that reticle since day one. :frown:
    wb-cenders.gif
    So after conversing with a friend of mine, it seems to be a bug causing it. If you have a larger race like DB, your crosshair is centered vertically and horizontally. But doing a race-change to a smaller one keeps the crosshair in place thinking you are still large, rather than bringing it down to a more appropriate height. A default halfling's crosshair is a fair amount below the horizontal center, whilst if you change race, it remains where it was.

So would it be worth bug-reporting it? Would they even care that it's something that annoys players not being able to move it up or down vertically?
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2020

/gfxsetdefaultfov 90

If you would have read the other posts you'd see that i already confirmed that fov is not the cause of it as i use the same fov on the other halfling i made, which displays the crosshair correctly. But i appreciate the effort :)
    Didn't read it because it was not there when I posted. I alt tabbed to find the right command. We were probably posting at the same time. Good luck, I hope you find a fix. :)

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @ifantomen#9905
    I notice what you are talking about, none of my characters are short (dwarf,halfing) but normally the camera stays fixed where the dumb target is painted above my character's head even when riding a mount. Now the camera seems to drop when I am mounted so the target is now on their back instead. Like I said before, I would not miss that silly target, if they removed it.
    You can do a search on console commands allowed from chat.
    You need the System chat showing and type /cmds cam
    That should give you all the available camera tweaks. But I don't know how many of them actually work? It would be nice to have a bit more control of the chase camera and the overall graphics on the HUD. Been horrible for more than 6 years, so I doubt that is going to change any time soon. Good Luck!
    wb-cenders.gif