test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lair of Lostmauth lava issues

bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
So today while running REDG 9the dungeon Elol was the dungeon presented. During the final boss fight at the end, there are some visual issues with the lava giving false positives. By this I mean literally the whole arena looked to be covered in lava, though only two sections actually do damage at a time (after the first phase when Lostmauth re-lands at around 40-60% health). This was causing repeated deaths from each member of the party at some point during this phase. Again, while the mechanics for the fight were fine, the visual feedback we received on our end was not in-sync with the mechanics.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    In Lostmauth's chamber, that's actually molten gold.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The gold can also cover the central platform during the Intermediate phase change, making the red zones impossible to see.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    anzacnwanzacnw Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    By the way, last time I checked the damage dealt by molten gold is ridiculously high, with more than 4 million hp damage. People that don't know it, will try to revive you, which means they will die instantly as well. Same as Tiamat's AOE attacks during the "cleric" phase. Is this intended to be a deadly one-shot attack in both the dungeon and the trial? I thought there were no more one-shot deaths with Mod 16...
  • Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    pitshade said:

The gold can also cover the central platform during the Intermediate phase change, making the red zones impossible to see.

Screenshot of this issue, taken just after all the other lava subsided:

So, this issue is still present as of now.