test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M18 Class Balance Adjustments

Comments

• alanea#4230 alanea Member Posts: 48 Arc User

The combat engine has the concept of a new instance comes in and therefore it increase the stack. It doesn't have the concept of caching the previous magnitude, taking the new instance and adding the magnitude to it.

Nor does it have the concept of taking the old magnitude, figuring out the remaining ticks to total how much is left, add it to a new magnitude then divide that for the new magnitude for each tick. If it did have that concept, it would be an option, but one that is still less performant than to simply increase an integer on a stack.

well you are the one who see the guts ;) i just seen it as possibility considering how shadow of demise track / cache damage to operate with it afterwards

seeing what you say ... multiple magnitudes + stacking seems to be really overcomplicated clumsy and bad idea

so.. why not turn creeping death into dot with static magnitude = easily stacking in single instance applied by certain circumstances ( expending curse as example) it could make curse more important for warlocks at same time

btw why does curse deals damage ? the magnitude is too small to be relevant at all but its constant tiny dot on all targets
  • duckie#5377 duckie Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    giz#2086 said:

I believe that they are punish Warlock because they can have a healer role (Yes, this kind of penalization exists in this game) Warlock haven't a proper AoE at-will and they punish the class with things like the AoE penalization from Fiery Bolt, lack of crit severity resources like other classes, very low AP gain, etc. It's just sick how devs ignores the real Warlock's issues.

Really we need to wait to Mod 19? really almost 10 mods being the worst DPS class and forced to play a support builds because devs haven't idea about how to fix our DPS performance? @noworries#8859

Absolutely agree, before the abomination that is MOD 16 was released my main was a cleric and I rolled a SW as a viable DPS option well before that Mod dropped, There should not be a penalty for classes who have the option of doing dual roles, if I wanted to heal (and I don't) I would have continued playing the cleric. I'm pretty sure most people will have a preference to a single role than the other option available. These changes to the warlock don't make us a viable alternative to the wizard exclusivity currently happening in TOMM, single target damage was barely touched. Disappointing considering that some dubious TOMM stats were used to calculate the difference between each class - so it would make perfect sense to adjust AOE based on a single target Trial, right?
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Let's see if there are changes in the new build.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • demarw2#2749 demarw2 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    @""noworries#8859"

Are the balancing changes to Dreadnought final? Or do you plan to add or modify something? I think that these changes are a great initial step, but our single target damage is still not that great.

@sobi#1980: I support your latest comment. Single target damage of Hellbringers, Dreadnoughts and Arbiter (and maybe Blademaster) is the biggest issue and should get the highest priority.
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Dreadnought, my top 4 fix needed
    Onslauth, cast time is too long
    Anvil of doom, vengeance cost too expensive
    Griffon's wrath, too long animation
    Vengeance need a speed up on rebuild
  • demarw2#2749 demarw2 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    > @devilxjk said:
    > Dreadnought, my top 4 fix needed
    > Onslauth, cast time is too long
    > Anvil of doom, vengeance cost too expensive
    > Griffon's wrath, too long animation
    > Vengeance need a speed up on rebuild

But non of these changes would increase our single target damage. We need higher encounter magnitudes or a higher % buff of "vengeful" (25% or 30% instead of 20%). Or we need more critical severity. Maybe a class feature (vigerous strikes) could increase the crit sev.
  • legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User

@""noworries#8859"

Are the balancing changes to Dreadnought final? Or do you plan to add or modify something? I think that these changes are a great initial step, but our single target damage is still not that great.

@sobi#1980: I support your latest comment. Single target damage of Hellbringers, Dreadnoughts and Arbiter (and maybe Blademaster) is the biggest issue and should get the highest priority.

Arbiter's are beast.... People just not playing them right.... I know of a DC or two that can keep up with TR/HR and CW damage in ToMM. They hit like tanks!
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    Copied my fighter over to test. Lost 1500 gear score. (8000 power & 8000 defense). Is this a new nerf or a mistake?
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User

Copied my fighter over to test. Lost 1500 gear score. (8000 power & 8000 defense). Is this a new nerf or a mistake?

Sounds like you haven't a guild on preview...
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    Did not thing of that, Something else to do for testing.
  • nevernixnevernix Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Guild 20 Bonus ;-) This is normal.

Nix*
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    To sum up the Plusses & Minuses to balance tomorrow:

Orcus Set Nerf: -3.3% damage (it will now have competitors, but nothing thats much better)
    Velociraptor Nerf: -1% damage in groups (-4% damage when solo)
    Buffed Classes: +4% damage
    Nerfed Classes: -2% damage

Am I missing anything else?
    Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Crushing Blows from Fighter needs rework.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User

To sum up the Plusses & Minuses to balance tomorrow:

Orcus Set Nerf: -3.3% damage (it will now have competitors, but nothing thats much better)
    Alpha Compy Nerf: -1% damage in groups (-4% damage when solo)
    Buffed Classes: +4% damage
    Nerfed Classes: -2% damage

Am I missing anything else?

New shoes, depending on class +2-5% extra damage, new pants +1k power, so +0,5%.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Alpha Compy Nerf?
    Didn't you mean Tamed Velociraptor?

Alpha Compy Nerf?

woops. your are correct.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Alpha Compy Nerf?

woops. your are correct.
    tamed velo is definitely not a nerf. it's fixing a bug that we all knew was going to be fixed some day. we were really lucky to have the year we had with it.

Alpha Compy Nerf?

woops. your are correct.
    tamed velo is definitely not a nerf. it's fixing a bug that we all knew was going to be fixed some day. we were really lucky to have the year we had with it.
    Ahh.. you must be employing the Royal "we". I bought mine three weeks ago and got it to Legendary two weeks ago.
  • bigdragon#4214 bigdragon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Any news about Barbarian dps ST?
  • mirajanesitrimirajanesitri Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    "nope ... majority of dots from feats cant crit ... some dont even benefit from CA"

play cw..its feats crit lol...
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I also think that the damage from [Blades of Vanquished Armies] is very low, and does not stake [Ebony Stained Robes] and [Vivified Primal Assault Shabas]. And our Atwill also doesn’t stake, even with this increase of 5 of magnitude not resolvable
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Alpha Compy Nerf?

woops. your are correct.
    Ahh.. you must be employing the Royal "we". I bought mine three weeks ago and got it to Legendary two weeks ago.
    Be that as it may, lacking the knowledge about it being broken still doesn't make it a nerf.

The comp description clearly stated the requirements to receive max power were to be in a group to get full stacks. So still not a -4% nerf. It was a fix.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Alpha Compy Nerf?

woops. your are correct.
    Be that as it may, lacking the knowledge about it being broken still doesn't make it a nerf.

The comp description clearly stated the requirements to receive max power were to be in a group to get full stacks. So still not a -4% nerf. It was a fix.
    any time you take on a companion with "special features" it's a risk you're taking on. it could be fixed the next day it could be fixed never. you need to weigh how dear that ad is to you before you do it and be aware it could be down the toilet or not.