test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feeder artifacts xbox one

I saw on YouTube and various people have discussed using feeder artifacts to level up other artifacts, but I don't see any place on Xbox One to do that. It may not be on the consoles, but I may be missing something.

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    You are watching extremely outdated yt videos
    Elite Whaleboy
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Refinement used to work very differently.

You previously had no pool of refinement points, but rather had to consume the stones, gems, and items that provided RP when refining an item

Back then there were three different types or class of artifact, and if you converted a similar type of artifact as a "feeder" to the one you were refining, you got a substantial amount of bonus RP.
    (If you did this during a double RP event it was a massive boost)

Because of this bonus, it was actually better to refine a "Feeder" prior to using it for refining the actual artifact you wanted to refine, as you got more bang for your buck from such feeders. (Hope that makes sense...)

Nowadays the three classes of artifact are no longer relevant. And all refinement is done via the pool of RP from items you have already converted.

I don't know how many people I speak for here but, personally, I far prefer the new system. It is a bit more expensive to refine an artifact to full Mythic, but it means that you don't have to wait for the next Double RP event to refine an artifact.
    And Oh My God does it free up space in inventory slots.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Double refinement is pretty worthless, and the current system of refining seems far easier than the old. Even if it is a little more costly...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I liked the old way better. Everything they do gets rid of complexity. I found it fun. I looked forward to those events. there is nothing to do anymore. All the dumbing down has been very bad imo. Not only this but char builds etc. Lack of lol 80 content and over aggressive scaling. It's a steam hot mess now imo
    @thefiresidecat, I agree that scaling is dumb and needs to go away. I also loved my old paladin build in mod 15, he actually had a chance at being near in the top 2 on pain giver chart when running with new people. Now in most content the healers can out dps him. It now also takes him forever to kill critters, even in areas he has long conquered. I have moved to playing my warlock, or wizard more often as those guys kill critters lightning fast, even at 2-4k IL less than my pally. I'm not suggesting that pallys be at the top of the charts for dps, but being 99% less effective(especially when soloing content) is unacceptable. He should be within 10% of top dps.

I disagree though, the current way of refining is so much better than what the old way sounded like. This is a game, and shouldn't feel like work. I would love to be able to refine green insignias to blue, and blue to purple. Not just purple to orange. I have a ton of insignias laying around that I feel like I can't do anything with them, as they aren't worth the ad to sell, or the cost of buying what I need to refine to orange is heinous.

We really needed another bag specifically for insignias, and not this whole vanity pet nonsense...
  • drune#7799 drune Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback. I thought I was missing something. It appears I have been missing about two years of relevancy. :)
    Longer than that, I've been playing for just short of 2 yrs and never had to deal with feeder artifacts.