test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Xuna should be nerfed ASAP

124»

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

... She crits about every attack and even the ones that are not crits basically do the same amount of damage...

Actually, you might have a hard time to find any companion that has critical attack multiplier higher than 1. (all the companions I tested - at least those at higher lvl than 1 - do the same dmg on critical and non critical hits)
    As I said, I believe Xuna is just one of the few that are working as intended (WAI) and they need to get the rest of the companions up to speed. I believe the OP @jantogsf#0997 is just taking notice of a difference between having a working companion as opposed to a broken companion. Silvane Stardust has two augments (currently on vacation) she can swap Xuna out should it ever become an issue. I am not going by the numbers as much as; a good companion kills stuff, while a bad companion juggles and dances as you do 100% of the work.
    As a final note, Xuna is an Invoker Class and I have noted that fewer of the Invokers are nerfed as badly or broken.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

the paingiver chart is ineffective and yet it's the only thing we have on console to have any idea of how effective we are as dps on console. it's problematic. I don't know how many times it's made me such a sad panda I just put down my controller and don't even try for weeks or months at a time. for me it's not a race to be first but to measure how effective I am. I think a lot of people are probably that way. we don't have any kind of act testing we can do to see how we are doing. I personally think paingiver chart is terrible. I wish there was some other way to assess how we are doing as a dps and that they would trash paingiver as a measuring device or redo how it's calculated.

the truth is if you aren't at the top of the dps chart the other people DO talk and they do think badly of you. I've heard it done to others repeatedly. (which makes me sure it's done to me) your reputation in this game is hinged on it, even though it really is something as stupid as who is literally fastest to get there most of the time. the people who do invest in things to make them speedy gonzales are the ones who people chase to be in all their runs because of that chart. (another thing I've witnessed repeatedly)

my wishlist would be some sort of instance you can enter solo or with a group of up to ten and run some simulations of current content and then get a detailed report at the end so you can test builds and get some detailed numbers on how you are doing and then just ditch the paingiver entirely at the end of a match. I do think paingiver does more harm than good.

Do Hellpit, to see how effective you are. I've done 2 days so far with my pally, and have been pleased so far. See what happens when I get to tier 3.

Elsewise another thing I have done to check my effectiveness is to run a 1 rune ME solo. When I first finished mod 16 I started doing them solo simply because I could. I could do up to 2 runes solo with my pally. It took like 30min for one ME, but I could do it. 3 runes was not possible. My warlock could do it in 20min IIRC, also at about the same IL as my pally was at the time he did it, maybe 500 IL lower. I know you'll lose out on an ME for the day if you try this, but for me at least it's a good measure since console doesn't have ACT or similar. I haven't soloed a 1 rune ME with my pally since hitting 25k IL. I should do that to see what he's like.

I still want to see no more nerfs and more in game info on what everything is, or does. I have to actually use the power ups in Hellpit just to see what they do. That's not cool.
    I don't think that is a valid way of testing effectiveness. easy content is easy. I want a numerical baseline to be able to use.
    I didn't say it was ideal, just a method of testing effectiveness with a lack of ACT. I can see the difference in 1 rune MEs as they are unscaled, and the critters are tougher than other areas. If you use 3 runes the critters feel as tough as in the scaled dungeons IIRC. I haven't tried a 3 rune ME solo in a while.

I'd like good number to look at too, but "I run what I brung", or in this case what I'm allowed to have on console. I did make a few changes to my aplly with comp bonuses and such the tankadin seems to hit harder than before. Still need more tuning before mod 18 hits console. My 17k IL pally on pc just can't cut it in mod 18. Of course he doesn't have near the time or coin invested that the xbox pally has...

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

the paingiver chart is ineffective and yet it's the only thing we have on console to have any idea of how effective we are as dps on console. it's problematic. I don't know how many times it's made me such a sad panda I just put down my controller and don't even try for weeks or months at a time. for me it's not a race to be first but to measure how effective I am. I think a lot of people are probably that way. we don't have any kind of act testing we can do to see how we are doing. I personally think paingiver chart is terrible. I wish there was some other way to assess how we are doing as a dps and that they would trash paingiver as a measuring device or redo how it's calculated.

the truth is if you aren't at the top of the dps chart the other people DO talk and they do think badly of you. I've heard it done to others repeatedly. (which makes me sure it's done to me) your reputation in this game is hinged on it, even though it really is something as stupid as who is literally fastest to get there most of the time. the people who do invest in things to make them speedy gonzales are the ones who people chase to be in all their runs because of that chart. (another thing I've witnessed repeatedly)

my wishlist would be some sort of instance you can enter solo or with a group of up to ten and run some simulations of current content and then get a detailed report at the end so you can test builds and get some detailed numbers on how you are doing and then just ditch the paingiver entirely at the end of a match. I do think paingiver does more harm than good.

Do Hellpit, to see how effective you are. I've done 2 days so far with my pally, and have been pleased so far. See what happens when I get to tier 3.

Elsewise another thing I have done to check my effectiveness is to run a 1 rune ME solo. When I first finished mod 16 I started doing them solo simply because I could. I could do up to 2 runes solo with my pally. It took like 30min for one ME, but I could do it. 3 runes was not possible. My warlock could do it in 20min IIRC, also at about the same IL as my pally was at the time he did it, maybe 500 IL lower. I know you'll lose out on an ME for the day if you try this, but for me at least it's a good measure since console doesn't have ACT or similar. I haven't soloed a 1 rune ME with my pally since hitting 25k IL. I should do that to see what he's like.

I still want to see no more nerfs and more in game info on what everything is, or does. I have to actually use the power ups in Hellpit just to see what they do. That's not cool.
    I don't think that is a valid way of testing effectiveness. easy content is easy. I want a numerical baseline to be able to use.
    I didn't say it was ideal, just a method of testing effectiveness with a lack of ACT. I can see the difference in 1 rune MEs as they are unscaled, and the critters are tougher than other areas. If you use 3 runes the critters feel as tough as in the scaled dungeons IIRC. I haven't tried a 3 rune ME solo in a while.

I'd like good number to look at too, but "I run what I brung", or in this case what I'm allowed to have on console. I did make a few changes to my aplly with comp bonuses and such the tankadin seems to hit harder than before. Still need more tuning before mod 18 hits console. My 17k IL pally on pc just can't cut it in mod 18. Of course he doesn't have near the time or coin invested that the xbox pally has...

it's not just not ideal.. it's useless imo. we need to have something more meaningful on console. I don't see why we shouldn't have some sort of test area. or some kind of act like device maybe thru the arc app or something.
  • jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Is a Xuna nerf forthcoming?
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User

No. But in the future, all companions will do the same damage as Xuna
    2fv72Fw.png
  • jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    exgardian said:

I look forward to the 10 min lomm runs, ...not

exgardian said:

I look forward to the 10 min lomm runs, ...not
    lol show me the footage of this run where xuna in a party of five allows for a 10 min run
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Well, as mentioned many times before, most active companions are simply broken since the Undermountain campaign release, with Xuna being an exception, which btw. allready got a nerf... so, instead of screaming for another nerf, all other companions should get a fix now too.

Meaning, the healer companions should be able to heal the damage a single level 80 enemy does, the tank companions should be able to keep normal level 80 enemies entertained for a while, and all the other damage dealing companions should be able to deliver at least some noticeable damage to those level 80 enemies.

And when that's done and working properly, i'd say it's high time to return the former "Class Packs" back to the store with account-wide epic companions inside. It would be nice to see something actually worth buying in the shop again for a change...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    So I am one of those people who use a Xuna, and I tend to get some grief from other players who assume she is doing the vast majority of my damage because I run a very "non-traditional" build on my Ranger. I don't think people realize how little she actually attacks. When she uses her bloodbath, sure, she does some decent damage, but the vast majority of time the mobs are already dead (or near death) before she either catches up to me or she is kind of bouncing by my side.

Xuna supplements (or compliments?) the damage I do; she isn't my primary source of damage. She behaves the way most companions *used* to behave. No one ran augments before Mod 16 because companions actually contributed to fights. All companions should provide the type of utility they used to in the past. No need to nerf Xuna, but there is a need to make other companions more "engagement friendly."
  • nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    They wont nerf Xuna. Why? It is bad for business to nerf op items people buy.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

So I am one of those people who use a Xuna, and I tend to get some grief from other players who assume she is doing the vast majority of my damage because I run a very "non-traditional" build on my Ranger. I don't think people realize how little she actually attacks. When she uses her bloodbath, sure, she does some decent damage, but the vast majority of time the mobs are already dead (or near death) before she either catches up to me or she is kind of bouncing by my side.

Xuna supplements (or compliments?) the damage I do; she isn't my primary source of damage. She behaves the way most companions *used* to behave. No one ran augments before Mod 16 because companions actually contributed to fights. All companions should provide the type of utility they used to in the past. No need to nerf Xuna, but there is a need to make other companions more "engagement friendly."

I agree Xuna and many other invoker class are working as intended (WAI) and the warlock is an cheap invoker in the AH currently at 11K. At blue rarity rank 30, she can give Xuna a run for the money. Xuna is epic (very rare drop) or purchased and it is less about DPS and more about supply versus demand. The last time I checked the green rarity Renegade Evoker is being sold at 80K in the AH and yes he too is an invoker just like Xuna! He is expensive because of his rare and uncommon drop rate not because of his DPS.

ATTN Moderator:Use your best judgement here. It is my opinion, this thread was created to create mayhem between players, and the OP asked a question to the players that only a developer can answer. Any developer reading this can ignore it at this point, as module 18 is about to release and they should know better than to poke at the obvious bear trap. This my final post on this thread. It is a subject made to incite both people who purchased a Xuna companion and others who don't own a Xuna companion to fight. My question still remains, when will all the other companions be repaired? Again this is something for a developer to answer so I don't and won't ask here at this time.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User

When companions are doing more damage than players then this is not good for the game, plain and simple.... I can't think of anything more boring than running around and letting your companion dish out more DPS than players.

How about players not knowing how to DPS.... I carry a lot of them in low end LoMM... its horrible, inexcusable... these are the HAMSTER complaining.... learn how to use your toon, and you won't ever get outdps.

No one dps me using Xuna in LoMM, and I am a lock. Those that do, do not use Xuna, but an augment.

When companions are doing more damage than players then this is not good for the game, plain and simple.... I can't think of anything more boring than running around and letting your companion dish out more DPS than players.

How about players not knowing how to DPS.... I carry a lot of them in low end LoMM... its horrible, inexcusable... these are the HAMSTER complaining.... learn how to use your toon, and you won't ever get outdps.

No one dps me using Xuna in LoMM, and I am a lock. Those that do, do not use Xuna, but an augment.
    lol I see a new game coming on, the xuna challenge. can you out dps a warlock using a comp instead of a augment. lol
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

lol I see a new game coming on, the xuna challenge. can you out dps a warlock using a comp instead of a augment. lol
    I can.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

On my main DPS I use an active companion and always finish 1 or 2 on the chart no matter what run it is. Usually I am the only one not running an augment. It's not all about numbers. It's about knowing how to play your toon, mechanics and how to best use your companion.

But the bottom line, no one is getting paid to play NW. It's entertainment made to entertain. Play to have fun. If you are a die hard augment companion then go for it. If you like having an active companion then go for it. Don't let anyone bully you into how to have fun playing a game.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    rubytrue said:

I can.
    I haven't tried it. I have a xuna from the 5 year anniversary box but I haven't equipped it to anyone and upgraded it.

On my main DPS I use an active companion and always finish 1 or 2 on the chart no matter what run it is. Usually I am the only one not running an augment. It's not all about numbers. It's about knowing how to play your toon, mechanics and how to best use your companion.

But the bottom line, no one is getting paid to play NW. It's entertainment made to entertain. Play to have fun. If you are a die hard augment companion then go for it. If you like having an active companion then go for it. Don't let anyone bully you into how to have fun playing a game.
    if you are geared up with enough stats for tomm you should be able to put on a reg companion for anything below it and still have enough stats. I put on a comp for the hell pit. I've haven't done it in group content though
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

act wise, xuna accounts for 20-25% of a player's damage on an endgame lomm run. Not saying its bad but there should be some consistency between her and other active comps. And when you have low stats you can bring them up with augment thats ok for me they can both co-exist
  • rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    well... if is not resonable a tank/healer do a certain amount of damage by our sources because their roles, why they should using a specifc companion?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, as mentioned in another thread, if you think Xuna is a bad apple in the companion barrel, go ahead and try the new Succubus/Incubus...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I still find it difficult and troubling that any Neverwinter player would purposefully call for the nerfing of anything in the game.

That's like to old Salvage merchant standing in the Seven Suns asking if a player's gear is "too epic"... how can anything be too epic? Now I can see wanting to trade off equipment that isn't quite as epic as what a player has, or possibly duplicates of epic gear a player has, but can any player ever really have gear that is "too epic"?

But it is what it is.
    DD~