test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will MOD 18 gear mimic the current BiS Gear?

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
Let's quickly look at the current BiS gear that have some form of additional effect.

Ebony Chest - 10 stacks
Primal gloves - 5 stacks
Bile - Procs
Owlbear - Procs
Tenebrous - Procs and also can proc Owlbear
Black Ice overload enchantment- AP gain
All the rest basically just gives power, %dmg buff or other stats.

Except black ice, the above all require some form of stacks or procs where the more your hits per second, the more you benefit from them. Then we have the only black ice enchantment that can go in the overload enchantment as nothing else compares to it. We have artifacts that give you additional AP, boons and even some classes have the ability to generate additional AP.

All in all, end game gear is heavily focused on AP gain and the number of hits per minute to proc/ stack the above for maximum benefit. This hugely benefits certain classes over others, I just won't bother mentioning them but this also means that currently NW only really has a stale system where you basically only spam your head on the keyboard for max dps output.

Most classes do not benefit equally from their AP gain then others but then again there is no other alternative for them in the game. So i ask, why isn't there a gear that increases your divinity, even if little or rage for that matter?

Will Mod 18 follow the same pattern and where the only BiS gear requires procs/ stacks and AP gain?

Comments

• mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    So maybe the ebony chest isn't bis for fighters? I tried it out on mine today in MEs...equipped it for the first ME and she seemed to be doing less damage and taking longer to kill enemies than when the barkhide was equipped. I equipped the barkhide for the second ME and she did much better....equipped the ebony piece again for the third ME and was like the first run.
    I know that's probably not the best way to test it, but it made the 2 runs i tried it on feel less than bis.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    @mystar#5733 ebony and primal take at least 10 hits to get to full stacks, which means it's only best in slot for single target fights really. Trapper of the twilight bracers (3% encounter damage) could potentially be BIS arm gear for mobs for example.