test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Warlock's Bargain not functioning properly

minimumwage#6651 minimumwage Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2019 in The Nine Hells
Skill in question: Warlock's Bargain (200 mag)
Skill to help compare: Soul Reconstruction (200 mag), soul spark (400 mag)

During any 5-man party:

Warlock's bargain will heal my whole party, however at a severely reduced rate. It should heal half of Soul Spark, but it heals much lower. During a Master of the Hunt skirmish, my Soul Spark healed for about 17,000 normal. Bargain however, consistently healed for 3,000 (never crit). Soul reconstruction heals non-crit for about double the amount per second.

Tested during Demogorgon trial:

On use I heal one or two people immediately next to me for about 6300. Using Soul Spark I'll immediately a whole bunch of 25,000 (non-crit), and 50,000+(crit). So not only is warlocks bargain not healing everyone around me as stated, it's heal is much lower than it should be. Soul Reconstuction however, is healing for 12,000 (crit) - 25,000 (non-crit).

The increased outgoing healing buff, on the other hand, seems to function as my next two spells will heal a significant amount more.

Conclusion:

Warlocks Bargain:
1) Does not crit --> intentional?
2) Heals for about 100 magnitude instead of the stated 200.
3) When in large groups, it breaks and heals pretty much no one.

Comments

• chofranc#0741 chofranc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I noticed that too, the healing seems very minimal, it almost on par with Lingering Sustain except that this one at least it seems to crit? Sometimes i have seen critical healing numbers popping up from a target that i healed recently.
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I agree, the healing you get from WB is way too low.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• foxeatingwolf#7316 foxeatingwolf Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Well first off, doesn't magnitude by the very nature of the word NOT have a linear value? I'm pretty sure soul reconstruction tics said magnitude very fast so it can seem deceptively good how much its healing for given magnitude (I only use this for when I can't easily reach someone in desperate need of healing with shatter).

However, and most importantly, speaking as one who mains soulweaver warlock for most group content, DO NOT look at warlocks bargain as a heal EVER. Warlocks bargain is a team cleanse (and arguably the best one of all available to healers due to not needing any targetting) and 10% buff for your other heals! This is what you use warlocks bargain for, cleanse negative status effects and buff your other heals, that's it! I almost always keep this slotted for those two reasons in pairing with shatter spark and pillar of power to bring my outgoing healing bonus up to 20% in combination. Even if bargain was half as effective as shatter spark it would not be a good idea to use it as a primary heal over shatter spark despite slightly better radius. Not to mention the self harm it inflicts, hence should only be used as needed for the cleanse and buff periodically.