test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old Idris title is still bugged and I'm not happy

aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
Well after the 4 dungeons became available at once, I found that after completing Frozen Heart I did get a title "The Frosty". Then likewise with a lucky run through of the Dread Vault I got that title.

But I just did x5 runs of Idris and there was no achievement given and no title. I am having a hard time getting anyone to run Idris now that they can easily do Frozen Heart and they don't have to do it, and it took me hours to get the x5 done, first the party got to x4 and played it safe and left and the second time the party leader got disconnected and everyone left after 3. Then I just managed to get a party together and we managed to do all x5 tiers and I was so excited because this title was the one I wanted the most, and bam no achievement notice and no title. It is STILL bugged after doing x5 runs. Can this game not get any effing thing right? What are you going to do about it. This is after we all have done our 5 runs all through the event but now they count for nothing because it wasn't working, now it it still isn't working on Idris. Sorry to be grumpy, but I just spent hours and hours of my precious time trying to get a party through to x5 when no-one really wants to do Idris now, only to find it is still not effing working properly upon completion.

Comments

• aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    ...and along with time spent waiting to get the parties together and time running through, we are talking about at least 6 hours of my time here.
    OK, as a postscript to my previous comments, I then went and tried again to do Idris and the next time I did it x5 completed I DID get the title and achievement. After that we did Mad Dragon x5 successfully and I did not get that title or achievement, so it seems it is buggy and giving it sometimes and not others.
    Another person in the party also did not get their title or achievement, no idea about the other 3.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    aganway said:

Another person in the party also did not get their title or achievement, no idea about the other 3.

Can you (and anyone else missing the titles and achievements) please file a ticket with Customer Service so they can further investigate the issue? Thanks!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    kreatyve said:

aganway said:

Can you (and anyone else missing the titles and achievements) please file a ticket with Customer Service so they can further investigate the issue? Thanks!
    I did that at the beginging of the event. the response :

Moderator edited out private correspondence response from CS.

Nothing else since then and nothing reported on the board. So where are my titles?
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    Well I ran through Mad Dragon after I logged back on after a sleep and did get the achievement and title the second time. My friend also got the title, he told me he had done that x5 run on it 5 times before it worked, that was after the four became available together and the issue was supposedly fixed so he was super frustrated. Everyone who ran any x5 with me today seemed to get their titles fine so there is no point in putting in a ticket, and I see that in the current patch notes those who completed x5 of any dungeon prior to the last 2 days will in fact receive their titles as well after the patch which is fantastic and thankyou to the devs for finally sorting it out. Unfortunately things like this leave a nasty taste in people's mouths when they should be having fun, and make people frustrated and upset which is not the point of the event, so hopefully it won't happen next time.
    Im glad you got your titles @aganway , really am. However I have not been so lucky. Even running mad dragon and Icespire on the last two days didnt work for me. And as of logging in right now, with the servers up after patch, i still do not have the titles i earned and with no way to get them now. the patch did not give me credit for the dungeons i ran. 2 MD 2 idris and 3icespire to max x5 difficulty and no title.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Im glad you got your titles @aganway , really am. However I have not been so lucky. Even running mad dragon and Icespire on the last two days didnt work for me. And as of logging in right now, with the servers up after patch, i still do not have the titles i earned and with no way to get them now. the patch did not give me credit for the dungeons i ran. 2 MD 2 idris and 3icespire to max x5 difficulty and no title.

File another ticket please.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    @kreatyve ticket filed. They just referenced the patch this morning to claim the issue was fixed, but again, it was not for me.
  • silvertombisilvertombi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I just tried putting in a ticked about this. I didn't get any confirmation that the ticket had been submitted, though I remember some text popping up when I submitted one last time. Not very reassuring. Maybe I should submit a ticket about this too...

@kreatyve ticket filed. They just referenced the patch this morning to claim the issue was fixed, but again, it was not for me.

Have you checked your titles and achievements to verify that you did not get them without notification?
    kuI2v8l.png
    For those who want to check before taking this further, this is where to look....

Hit 'J' for your journal and then click the trophy tab at the top for achievements. Scroll down to 'Events' and you will see some entries for completing the maximum difficulty of these 4 dungeons. Whether of not you have received your titles and achievements, they will still be there, just greyed-out. If it shows as greyed-out you can still check for your title but it won't be there. If it shows as lit-up and completed (I think from memory there is also a tick - I'm not logged in right now) I would still go and check for the title to be absolutely sure.

To check titles, they are in 2 different sections (no idea why), scroll right to the bottom to 'general' and most of them are listed alphabetically in that section. One of them is under that section further at the very bottom, in 'background'.

That sux and if it has happened to you it will have happened to others as well, I am hoping they sort it out for you because such a huge deal was made about these titles in the news page for the event, it took up a large portion of the page announcing it and was an important aspect of the event.
    I will keep an ear-out when I log in (about to go in now) and see who else didn't get them, if I find out anything of interest I will post in this thread about it.
    edited November 2019
    kreatyve said:

Have you checked your titles and achievements to verify that you did not get them without notification?
    @kreatyve literally every day since this problem has occured I have scrolled through my list of titles, and none of the ToO given titles are in my available list. And the achievements for Tales of Old (when they are greyed out) disappeared from the achievements list at 10am pst yesterday when the new event, Hellpit, kicked off. I did see them however before they disappeared, and they had not been achieved, despite the previously mentioned completion of the x5 ToO dungeons. As i am writing this i am also on the character that should have received these titles and...nothing. And I appreciate you trying to help @aganway .
  • silvertombisilvertombi Member Posts: 27 Arc User

kreatyve said:

@kreatyve literally every day since this problem has occured I have scrolled through my list of titles, and none of the ToO given titles are in my available list. And the achievements for Tales of Old (when they are greyed out) disappeared from the achievements list at 10am pst yesterday when the new event, Hellpit, kicked off. I did see them however before they disappeared, and they had not been achieved, despite the previously mentioned completion of the x5 ToO dungeons. As i am writing this i am also on the character that should have received these titles and...nothing. And I appreciate you trying to help @aganway .
    Same as Bigman. I only have one of the achievements in my journal despite running x5s on about 9 different days of the event.