test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nick's Gith Meat Emporium

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Come down to "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium" bring the kids, we have an aboleth petting zoo!

Nicholas Magnus and Morbius of Debian has been passing out "questionable meat products" for free as small samples in Protector's Enclave. Some of his public announcement are as follows;

At "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium" located 650 feet below the Yawning Portal, our Thayan chef Morbius will grill your Gith to perfection. We even have some vegan dishes like Thornspur Coleslaw with a side Dryad Fries! Remember if it is not Human, it is on the menu at "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium".

Recently it has come to our attention their is a great need in New Sharandar to assist the blind. This month when you purchase any meal at "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium", 10% will be given to assist the Formorian witches with the Cyclops. For some unknown reason during battle their one and only eye falls out. Meanwhile if you are in New Sharandar and find any cyclops eye, please return them to the nearest Formorian witch for reinsertion.

As one can tell, these people should not be trusted. If you hear Nicholas spouting this nonsense anywhere, you are best to ignore it. Do not engage them in conversation, never accept any products from them, and if you are not human please stay in full public view when they are present. This notice has been brought to your attention by The Bank of Zorg as a public safety announcement. ~~ Llorna Zorg

wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    This conversation was recently overheard in Protector's Enclave. Please people of Neverwinter, you have been warned...

Nicholas Magnus: As many of you know, I operate a small business in Waterdeep and recently there was a mishap in the kitchen at "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium". Our Thayan Chef Morbius was injured.
    Nicholas Magnus: His wounds are not fatal. Unfortunately for us the kitchen is closed the remainder of this month while we make repairs. Good for you, I have free Gith meat samples to offer the public!
    Seraph Reaper: I hope he is alright, he shall get well soon!
    Nicholas Magnus: But the kitchen is being repaired due to the mishap with a bird Morbius was trying to cook.
    Ravaleth Despurdan: Thoughts and Prayers for Thayan Chef Morbius.
    Nexeroff: that will teach you to eat meat
    Nicholas Magnus: I have free Gith meat samples to pass out to the crowd.
    NERecruit1: i want the nose-piece
    Seraph Reaper: I would gladly take a piece of that delicious meat. I heard it is the most tasty meat of all Faerun.
    NERecruit1: its not just meat, its SPACE meat!
    Seraph Reaper: i think voldemort has taken all nose-pieces
    Seraph Reaper: the entire stock!
    NERecruit1: aww :(
    Nicholas Magnus: check your mail!
    Seraph Reaper: I bow before your generosity Nicholas.:3
    Seraph Reaper: You shall be blessed for eternity.
    Nicholas Magnus: What am I going to do with the stupid bird?
    NERecruit1: thank you very much for the delish-cooked giths s :3
    Seraph Reaper: I pray to the nine gods for your well being, and of course for the cook as well.
    Nicholas Magnus: I will roll a random chance cube and send this goofy bird to one of YOU!
    Seraph Reaper: I'll gladly slay that son of a bird for the bad deeds it has done!
    Kafrodir Maroar: birdy nam nam
    Nicholas Magnus: Seraph Reaper won the bird.
    Seraph Reaper: OMG Nicholas for real tho....
    Seraph Reaper: YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
    Tri'al: What bird?
    Peaclock: hwat bird
    Seraph Reaper: a deepcrow mount for a bit of roleplay.... you are too kind!!!!
    Peaclock: oh deam
    Seraph Reaper: Like for real
    Peaclock: not bad lol
    Nicholas Magnus: Have fun!
    Peaclock: gimme that >.<
    Tri'al: What demonry is this?

I will come up with something in January, until then stay tuned... <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Just going to paste this link here for you... in case I forget before you get back.

https://youtu.be/Ix6H7Gxc7aI
  • Options
    Yes, the Growling Grog House (video above) is a small competitor to Nick's Gith Meat Emporium, but since they mostly service inebriated individuals, Nicholas and Morbius cater to the exclusive clientele of the Undermountian. In fact, Halaster has his own private table at Nick's Gith Meat Emporium, should he ever make an appearance in the future.

The establishment is still under repairs and while Morbius has the undead workers on the job 24/6 they are not the brightest at kitchen reconstruction. Recently the two were seen and heard chasing dragons in the Well of the Dragons and those individuals who conversed with them got served some Gith steaks.

So be alert to your surroundings, you never know where these miscreants might be standing right next to you. If you find they are standing nearby, you might want to check your coin purse and any gold fillings in your teeth!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Hello,

I am Nicholas Magnus owner of "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium" and while certain individuals have been making defamation about my establishment and character assassination about Morbius and myself. Other wayward adventurers have shown appreciation for our dining experience. As in this letter I received;

Dear sir,

I thank you kindly for your generous sample of highly questionable protein. I wish you all the best of luck with your business endeavors.

Justice Reigns,

Reinhardt Schezar

Without "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium" in the Undermountain, weary adventurers must resort to foraging, hunting, and worse yet cannibalism. We thank our patrons and hope you will attend our grand reopening soon.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Nicholas Magnus here once again. Recently Sergeant Knox told Morbius and I to go to Hell, then I found out he actually meant it. It appears we needed to make a trip to the newest level of the 9 Hells just recently installed above Avernus. I don't know. Should we rename it the 10 Hells? Back to my point, people were talking about the new Juma Chicken Bags found there. Morbius and I both sampled this new cuisine and this is what occurred;

Nicholas Magnus: I just wanted to remind all the adventurers and heroes here in Avernus, when you return to the Undermountain be sure to visit "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium". At "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium" our Thayan chef Morbius will grill your Gith to perfection.
    Ragnaros: Oh shut up Magnus
    Alassea Shady: I could go for a nice roast.
    Daven Kroth: Can they cook it Pittsburg style?
    Nicholas Magnus: Best of all Gith meat doesn't make Morbius vomit like Juma's Chicken. Shut up Juma, no one here understands your demonic chatter! "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium" is located 650 feet below the Yawning Portal in Waterdeep. Not a big fan of steak? Ask about our new vegan menu!
    Ragnaros: You got fish options?
    Nicholas Magnus: Does aboleth count?
    Ragnaros: no
    Alassea Shady: Mindflayer calimari?
    Ragnaros: Tell me bout the sides.
    Lyryssa Graveborne: Ever tried Beholder Eye Soup?
    Ragnaros: no
    Daven Kroth: I though that was illegal...thinking of elsewhere?
    Nicholas Magnus: We have many of those dishes on the menu.

Lyryssa Graveborne: Well, I mean there was that little incident with the patron getting vaporized... But if you sever the optic nerves *properly* that doesn't happen.
    Nicholas Magnus: Morbius and I have collected some new ingredients for our menu. If you are in Waterdeep drop down to "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium" and try a vegan dish, 50% off dryad curly fries and twigblight coleslaw.

Later I received the following letter;

Greetings Nicholas!

Seems like my sister Seraph, slain by a wicked bird, was sent to a place in the afterlife called "Evernight", shortly before she was resurrected by you and your people. She had the time of her life there and a lot of parties. While meeting a lot of different, and sometimes strange people, she got to know one of very special kind. He was a bartender in one of those devilish parties and gave her a special gift, which she was able to bring back to life with her. A special kind of brew, giving you the craziest of feelings known to mankind. Because of you she was brought back to life (and killed which is kinda her own fault by being so hot headed). That's why i want to share this special kind of drink with you to hand out people with your fanciest of meats. I hope you can make a lot of new customers with this kind of novelty.

I hope you are doing well and are staying safe during this new kind of plague going around.

With all the good wishes

Ada Reaper

She included a shipment of 495 bottles of Ghoulish Concoction.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Morbius and I were over in the Demiplane of Dread or Ravenloft to the commoners. We had a large order from Halaster Blackcloak for Thornspur coleslaw... you never know who the vegans are these days. While we were there scooping up the remains into buckets, we made another happy customer.

Nicholas Magnus: Would anyone like some Gith steaks?
    killerghost: sound delicious 0.0
    Nicholas Magnus: Have a great day!
    killerghost: Thank you! after halflings this is most delicious thing i eat!
    killerghost says goodbye to Nicholas Magnus.

Remember come down to Nick's Gith Meat Emporium where our Thayan chef Morbius will cook you the best meal you can eat. Next month we are trying something new, Moribus has the undead staff ready to make delivery orders. This presents a bit of a dilemma on time, as most orders will take 72 hours between Waterdeep and Neverwinter. The undead are not very fast, should some heroic type kill the delivery rotter in route, the meal might get eaten by a random adventurer. Once we work out the details, we will announce the service.

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    That's horrible! I don't want to become Elf Hors d'oeuvres or Drow Dinner! What if I'm a Half Elf? do they only eat half of me?
  • Options
    gradii said:

That's horrible! I don't want to become Elf Hors d'oeuvres or Drow Dinner! What if I'm a Half Elf? do they only eat half of me?

No Nicholas has addressed that elf is not on the menu because his Thayan chef Morbious told him elf meat is too dry and stringy.... which means at some point he sampled it. It is unknown as to how he came to sample the meat, but Nicholas has commented in game, Morbius is an opportunistic eater, picking up dead carrion off dungeon floors.

Also Nicholas was once requested werewolf. Since they are human, turned into wolves, they are NOT on the menu. His morals and ethics are pretty low. He claims they started the Gith Meat Emporium to prevent a Donner Party remake in the Undermountain ... but mostly to make a lot of profit from cheap meats.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    Another pleased customer!

After reflecting up on your comments;

"Thayan revolutionary here. Missing home sometimes, the food especially. Thank you for blessing me with flavors from home. No kids but I'm coming for the aboleth petting zoo...soon." ~ Esca Dysh

We look forward to reserving you a table at our fine dining establishment.

~~~ Nicholas
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    miranda#3416 miranda Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I was so pleasantly surprised by the hospitality shown by the staff of Nick's Gith Meat Emporium. I didn't even ask what the special ingredient was; extremely delicious! I highly recommend attending a dining with friends and family, and soon! There's not better time to donate to your favorite cause than now.

Proof of the AMAZING service!