test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artifact Adjustment - Mod 17

The Tales of Old artifact's stats are already outdated compare and the flower and the other newer artifacts in the game. To keep this set relevant the stats on the artifact needs to be upgraded to match the currently artifact that are in the game now or else what's the point of spending a year grinding it out when it's not even one of best of slots when it comes to stats.

Comments

• ukbeefukbeef Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Same with a lot of stuff in the game... Becomes outdated quickly...
    I think they should update all the hunt gear too and make a level 80 version of each piece. That would bring people back into them areas for sure.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The Tales set is plenty relevant regardless of stats. Argument invalid.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    dead wrong !

the tales set bonuses / gear / fully upgraded and artifact activation effects are way more powerful (dare i say broken )then the few thousands stat points you will gain/ are complaining about . it more then makes up for it as it is ..

if it were upgradeable to level 300 as you propose then it would have to be nerfed in other ways .. at the moment tales of old artifacts are actually run away dps broken ( for certain builds / if you know what you are doing ) ..but people are trying to keep hush hush about it
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    So all set we grinded need rework apocalipse set? The 1 from masquerade liar? If they fix storyteller they have to fix all.aniway we knowed that was old set alredy be4 grinding... i just hope with mod 18 they make something good for replace the orcus set without look back to old thinks
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I just don't understand why the neck and belt got updated to 980 IL, but the artifacts got left behind...
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Valid question. Makes you wonder if they knew the artifacts would end up highly desired for the bonus and left them behind in an effort to stave off another orcus set scenario.

Of course, the other scenario is they forgot about them. But considering people have been asking for the artifacts to be raised up since Mod16 dropped that seems hard to believe.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    The problem with this set is that is broken in many aspects so you cant ask for a buff or nerf until the set works as it was designed.

First, the set has 2 set bonus:
    1 - Supossed to work with artifacts only
    2 - Supossed to work with neck+belt+1 of the artifacts.

Now you can activate both sets at full just having 3 artifacts, or activate second level of both with 2 artifacts.

Also, bonus 1 is supossed to be increase power + hp the more artifacts you have adding 500 power for each artifact you have to a max of 2000 power and 20000 hp with 4 artifacts. The funny thing is that this bonus applies for each artifact you have so is multiplied by the number of artifacts equipped, resulting in +8000 power and 80000hp with 4 artis.

But well nobody will complain about this bug because you know, in this case we asume "is working as intended".

This said, this set is extremely powerfull because only with 3 artifacts you can have both sets activated and another set like arcturia, orcus or whatever, and still have +4,5k power +45k HP (this bonus is more or less equivalent as if the artis were 300 IL)

Not talking about +1 to all stats and lostmauth set for free. Im not asking for a nerf, but this set doesnt need a buff and I would like it was designed the way it works. The only problem is that neck and belt are useless because you dont need them to activate the set.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • sadisticphycosadisticphyco Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Leave Tales artifact set alone if cryptic changes anything about this set. They will make Tales artifact set completely useless. I'm not trying to be negative but how many times have they fixed something that benefits the player.
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Dear lord, are people actually serious about calling the Tales set underpowered? I am about to have a concussion.

However, lets assume they do nerf or bugfix the artifact to work as intended then the OP is right, it really will be overpowered by the new artifacts. So i think they should just change tooltip to reflect the current changes, instead of bugfixing the books and hence nerfing them, at which point they will be useless
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

dead wrong !

the tales set bonuses / gear / fully upgraded and artifact activation effects are way more powerful (dare i say broken )then the few thousands stat points you will gain/ are complaining about . it more then makes up for it as it is ..

if it were upgradeable to level 300 as you propose then it would have to be nerfed in other ways .. at the moment tales of old artifacts are actually run away dps broken ( for certain builds / if you know what you are doing ) ..but people are trying to keep hush hush about it

Stats and bonuses are good enough compared to newer gear yes, but the darkened journal in mod 17 on console is less than impressive. I do have all the pages...