test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quality of life changes

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
Why don't the dev's include changes that would want to make players spend money, such as:

1) A token that allows us to change our race abilities without changing our current appearence. If however, you wanted abilities of a purchasable race like dragonborn, the token can be more expensive.
2) A token that allows us to change our class ability points from the beginning.
3) A token that allows us to swap our companion slot types.

Unfortunately many of you would want class reroll token and i am pretty sure that it won't be introduced, so lets keep that out of this discussion please.

Comments

• mistameenamistameena Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I would be happy for Waypoints to be added to maps.. running across map then having to run back to get to a door to the enclave or stronghold is just so 1980's rubbish and kills the fun.... c'mon Cryptic modernise this MMO with some QoL features that add real positive value to the player experience.
    And having lvl 72 quests in the stronghold that are filled with lvl 80 mobs is just plain silly season by the way.. if you dont want players to form guilds until they are max level then make it clear otherwise at least give players a fighting chance of completing quests and encounters at there respective levels.....
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User

I would be happy for Waypoints to be added to maps.. running across map then having to run back to get to a door to the enclave or stronghold is just so 1980's rubbish and kills the fun.... c'mon Cryptic modernise this MMO with some QoL features that add real positive value to the player experience.

In this game, that pay feature is called VIP. I have not run back to the gate for years.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Aye, VIP is great for leaving, but waypoints would be great on arrival - like jumping to the camp in WoD (or the far end for the Green Dragon =) ), or skipping that annoying trip to base camp, of any of the larger maps. Definitely a VIP feature though - level 13?

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    krailov said:

Aye, VIP is great for leaving, but waypoints would be great on arrival - like jumping to the camp in WoD (or the far end for the Green Dragon =)

Honnestly... none of the maps in NWO is huge. The longest ride you have to do from one point to another is, I think, coming back from the highest point of Icespire back down to the world doors, something like around 3 or 4 minutes with a lego/epic mount (5min if you are on a grey/blue one, which is highly possible as it is a low level map).
    Crossing the WoD diagonnally from the SL HE to the DR green spot is at most 2 minutes.

Not a big deal (though I would also complain that i'm not on a horseback riding simulation and would also very much like shaving all those travel times for maps i already visited hundreds of times :P )

When you have to do quests in a map, I advise you to open the map and decide from this in which order you will do the various quest points : make a logic path where you hit every objectives in one single rotation of the map.

You can also accumulate the quests rather than doing WoD everyday, Dread Ring everyday, Sharandar everyday, SKT everyday, Icewindale everyday.
    You get different quests during at least 3 days in a row, so you can grab the quests each day without doing them, and then do everything the 3rd day so you only have to do one rotation of the map every 3 days rather than one/day.

Waypoints, as you suggest, would mostly negate one of the biggest advantage of a legendary mount : the riding speed, so one of the incentive to try your luck on lockboxes or work for AD.

Alternately, You can bind the killme command (ex : /bind ctrl+k “gensendmessage Stuck_Defeatme activate”) : it's a twisted fast travel back to the nearest firecamp (usually used in WoD/Dread Ring, not so on other maps). You loose potion buffs and, if you are not VIP high enough, get injured too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    krailov said:

Aye, VIP is great for leaving, but waypoints would be great on arrival - like jumping to the camp in WoD (or the far end for the Green Dragon =) ), or skipping that annoying trip to base camp, of any of the larger maps. Definitely a VIP feature though - level 13?

The issue is which WoD camp fire and which Green Dragon. There are many instances. When you mark the waypoint in one, do you mean to go back to the same instance you marked it? Which could be destroyed. Or, the instance you are currently in. For WoD, you want to jump to Green Dragon at instance 31 and then jump to instance 2, and then jump to instance 10, ...
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User

The issue is which WoD camp fire and which Green Dragon. There are many instances. When you mark the waypoint in one, do you mean to go back to the same instance you marked it? Which could be destroyed. Or, the instance you are currently in. For WoD, you want to jump to Green Dragon at instance 31 and then jump to instance 2, and then jump to instance 10, ...

Way to complicated - you want waypoints to always be the same instance - you can always change instance anyways (which takes you to a campfire - another way of base jumping :) ). Speaking of which, another VIP level QOL change would be zero cool-down (or maybe at least half-time) on changing instance.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band