test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ebony vs executioner's black attire

It seems that everyone swears by Ebony but I can't foresee any scenario in which it is better than executioner's black attire (or even fured).

What am I missing?

Comments

• malistaire#9098 malistaire Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    When your power is 100,000 or greater, the 10% bonus power (10,000 power) you get from Ebony will grant you a 5% dps increase. The higher your power is over 100,000, the more damage bonus you will be getting. At 150,000 power, the bonus power you get from ebony is 15,000. This translates to about a 6% dps increase.

Another thing to note is that the executioners attire bonus only applies when you stand behind the enemy. The ebony bonus has basically a 100% uptime, while the executioners does not.
  • jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @malistaire#9098 said:
    > When your power is 100,000 or greater, the 10% bonus power (10,000 power) you get from Ebony will grant you a 5% dps increase. The higher your power is over 100,000, the more damage bonus you will be getting. At 150,000 power, the bonus power you get from ebony is 15,000. This translates to about a 6% dps increase.
    >
    > Another thing to note is that the executioners attire bonus only applies when you stand behind the enemy. The ebony bonus has basically a 100% uptime, while the executioners does not.

Your analysis assumes you have the 10% from ebony all the time. You have to build up to it. I suppose for boss fights that's not too difficult to do.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    If you have a good tank in your group, maybe executioner's black attire is a good choice, but there are some places that I don't think it activates like in the ToMM DPS test. The stack power gloves I don't use, I don't know if it's my class, but they only activated via encounters and I could hardly maximize the stack. But players who have test programs should have a more concrete answer.