test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Increase in rough AD earnable but no increase in daily amount of rough AD convertable to AD .. WHY?

bolt#9204 bolt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
What is the point in an increase in rough AD earned through doing the dungeons in the new queues if the daily cap on conversion of rough AD to spendable AD is not increased. It stifles a lot of the incentive to run the extra dungeons, its like getting a wages increase but then being told your spending power is capped at the same level it was before you got the wage increase. This is simply a plea to think it through the game is essentially preventing players from making the most of currency they have earned, you know it makes sense :)

Comments

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    All they did was change up the queues a bit and add AD to the top end. They got rid of the mid range. now you have two in 6000-7000 each and then a much larger pie for each of the other two. So yes you can get to 100k a little faster now and you may skip skirmish and dungeon. So it may take a little less time to get the same amount you got before.
  • johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    it is more like getting a wage increase and hours decrease at the same time so you can earn the same amount with less effort.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    It is getting a wage increase + you can have 3 days work week and have 4 days off. Or, if you are a really hard worker, work for one day and take 6 days off. In real life, that would be a dream.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Increasing either would have been a bad idea and they already made the mistake of over buffing the rough AD rewards.

Over buffed random queue rewards will destroy the economy slowly, raising the refine cap as well will destroy it fast.
    edited October 2019

Care to explain how free market can destroy the economy?
    In real life your thinking killed around 200 millions people - but, please, make your case in game, one might stole your ideas for a Noble prize thesis.

Because it did in the past in this game and more than once.
    It has nothing to do with free market. Converting rAD to AD is like printing money. If keeps on printing money without destroying it enough (AD sink), there is a inflation. Did you see a one billion dollar bill before that was not good enough to buy a bread? Buying stuff from AH is only 10% AD sink. Converting AD to Zen is not a sink at all (0 AD is destroyed from the game).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    rAD coversion limit is in place to protect the game and it's players against organized farming and external cash conversion companies. That said, avid and top end players are having a problem converting all of their rAD over. It is accumulating unless we take days off. This can hardly be desireable for Cryptic. I suggest this fix: Whenever a player buys something in-game using AD, excluding Auction House purchases, that amount of AD is added to their rAD conversion limit.

This way, if you spend 5,000 AD to change your artifact modification... it will add 5,000 to your rAD conversion limit for that day. This will help.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    There is too much AD in the game's economy already. Which is why the limits were implemented.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    @magdalena

As funny as your nonsensical rambling about communism and free markets is, you have no clue what you are talking about. The people you are disagreeing with are AGAINST free stuff, not for it. Quit rambling about central banks and gold standards and come back to reality - the proposal in the OP was bad, the queues giving away free AD is also bad, period.

rAD coversion limit is in place to protect the game and it's players against organized farming and external cash conversion companies. That said, avid and top end players are having a problem converting all of their rAD over. It is accumulating unless we take days off. This can hardly be desireable for Cryptic. I suggest this fix: Whenever a player buys something in-game using AD, excluding Auction House purchases, that amount of AD is added to their rAD conversion limit.

This way, if you spend 5,000 AD to change your artifact modification... it will add 5,000 to your rAD conversion limit for that day. This will help.

This is not a problem and addressing it would be a horrible idea. As one of those people with millions of rAD i DON'T want it all converted over and neither should you. I have always been against a cap on daily AD earnings but as long as the economy and the ZAX are being ruined by exploited AD ( never addressed in a meaningful way ) then the caps should stay in place and reaching the cap should be made hard and rare.

The billions of exploited AD are still in the economy. Until it is destroyed we will never see a sub 750 ZAX or newbie / alt friendly AH prices.

AD sinks are still non-existent. The game gets a massive influx of new refined AD every day, the goal should be to destroy as much of it as possible as quickly as possible ( same thing goes for the AD already in the economy ), not inflating the low value AD we have already even more just to make people that are too lazy / inexperienced to earn enough of it feel better by looking at bigger numbers.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    Points 1 and 2 show you have no idea of the history of this game. We dont need to be informed by them that they were using an exploit, we downright know that they did.

There have been many AD exploits in this game and even though they banned a large portion of the people who participated that AD is still kicking around the game bouncing from Player to Player through AH transactions. However with the amount that was generated it would take a 100 years, if not more, for the transaction fees to process it away.
    edited October 2019
    Veteran players do not earn rAD as their only source. They earn AD. If "loyal" means played for a long time, they know there are better ways to earn AD (not rAD).

The cap had been there since day 1. Not sure if there was "loyal" player on day 1 though. Regardless, "Loyal" players have been dealing with the cap on the birth day of this game. The cap was a lot lower in 22K per character per day but unlimited to account (still limited by number of character you have). For 'casual' player who plays 1 or 2 characters. 100K cap is a bigger cap for them.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Using the AH to move AD from one player to another does not create new AD. Only through refining rAD or doing quests that have an actual AD value attached creates new AD.

The limits on refining are in place to limit the creation of new AD.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • bolt#9204 bolt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Anyway entertaining tho the hyperbolae are my point is that if cryptic want more people to run dungeons via this sort of move I doubt if it is effective. The assumption is that your grind will be shorter so you can spend time on other content but I personally think the real incentive would be if your grind resulted in more AD in your pocket to spend on the AH. Personally I dont think increasing the rough AD that can be converted to spendable AD to 300k alongside the increase in rough AD earned would wreck the Neverwinter economy
    except it would. you increase the RAD limit by 200% and after a couple of weeks there will be a couple Billion extra AD in the economy. What do you think happens when you dump a whole bunch of new money into an economy without a natural offset? The value of the money goes down.

This was proven when they increased the Zen Exchange rate. when the limit was raised to 750 in took a couple hours (no more than a day) to reach the new limit of 750. The reason for this was that 500 ad wasn't as valuable as 1 Zen. at 750 it is still not as valuable which is why it is permanently capped. Adding a ton of Free AD to the marketplace by increasing the refining cap does nothing but further devalue the price of AD.

Compare it to the consoles. I dont know exactly what there exchange rates are but they are significantly less than the PC market. The main reason is they didn't have a lot of the previous exploits and dont have the same amount of AD floating around in the game that PC does.
    edited October 2019

Veteran players do not earn rAD as their only source. They earn AD. If "loyal" means played for a long time, they know there are better ways to earn AD (not rAD).

The cap had been there since day 1. .

1. I must keep translating you from English to English because you just can not say something clearly.
    So if in dungeon chests is nothing, the rate of having something to sell is 99,99 against the player, that 1 % I gave was for ToMM.
    The only option is playing the AH.
    You could just say= play the AH.
    For those who play AH , congrats, keep on keeping on but should not be the ONLY way to upgrade your character.
    In fact, should be the odd way in D&D.
    2. - The cap was there since day 1- That is the - my mother always cut the stake that way - sophism.
    First, a bad thing done for a long time it does not get better.
    Second, when the cap was there you could sell some of your drops that does not exist in game anymore, except ToMM.
    Conclusion- some defend their laziness to make more than the cap, some defend their endgame status making sure that others will never get there.

Well, I can earn AD and I can earn rAD. I also have a lot of AD. However, I did not spend AD. Hence, I have accumulated a lot of AD. I upgrade my characters by playing. I get the items I need by playing. I don't need to go to AH to buy stuff. I can sell stuff but I am too lazy to do so these days. I don't remember when I buy anything from AH for upgrade purpose last time.
    edited October 2019

You do know that in mod 16 and mod 17 it is nothing to sell because all come from Zok boxes?
    It seems you do not.
    There are some Enchanting stones, rank 5 that could buy you 1 weapon enchant upgrade in 1 year and some very , very low chance of stones from ToNG , CoDG that could buy an enchant upgrade in 2 years.

Of course, there are. Check AH to see what are selling. Not everything has to be sold for 1 million. You make the killing for the stuff nobody pay attention.
    so if there is nothing worth while to sell from any dungeon other than TOMM and only 1% of the population can even do TOMM ( and this is because of the tactics and not gear issues) than why does it even matter if the AD cap were to be raised.

Since nothing worthwhile ever drops what could you possible ever need the AD for anyways?

akemnos-To buy Marks and wards.
    No , there is nothing to sell , I made so much rAD because I run all dungeons. If it was something to sell I should know.
    If you mean the 5 green bad comp and 7 green mounts in 6 months , I advise you to upgrade your character on that.

Dungeon is only a part of the game. There are many things selling good in AH and they are not from the dungeon but from the game.
    edited October 2019
    Okay lets look at marks and wards.

Now admittedly i dont know the prices as i dont have access to the Auction house right now but lets use a rank 13 to 14 enchantment for example

upgrade costs:
    - x amount of RP - easily farmable just by playing
    - 3 ultimate enchanting stones (whatever rank they are now) - ~30k in AH last i looked
    - 1 Coal ward/150 pres wards (lets go with Coal as it is cheaper) - 590k

so at this rank you would be looking at ~7 days per enchantment. lower levels would be cheaper and max rank would be slightly longer. That is not an unreasonable grind just from your refining. Anything else you get and sell via dungeons and/or other play methods will lower the amount of time required for an upgrade.
    edited October 2019
    For me,

RP is easily farm-able. For my 6 main characters, just character bound and account bound RP alone are enough to cover them + they currently have 1 to 2 million RP in their purse each. Unbound RP is for selling but I just stash them these days. Regardless, they are dirt cheap in AH these days (the reason I am stashing mine).

Enchanting stone, rank 6. It is pretty cheap these days and it drops a lot too (the reason why they are cheap).

Mark is tricky. If I have to buy it, I will buy it when AD store is on sale and not from AH (unless it is cheaper than AD store on sale).

C-ward/p-ward, I get it from the game. If I have to buy it, I would buy them when Zen store is in deep discount (Black Friday is coming) and not from AH (unless AH price is somehow cheaper than Zen store in deep discount). I have not bought any ward for 2 years.
    edited October 2019

You did not need any ward in 2 years. Because what you had was good enough.
    That is something else.
    I just love the fact that all of you start from the presumption that anybody that states a fact must be stupid , or to rephrase it - must not know any better.
    You can not contradict an obvious fact , that everybody can see with their own eyes but you keep on doing it on ALL=ALL threads.
    Keep on posting the same jaded, not useful , completely out of touch responses.
    Did it ever cross your mind that your need for self-validation is a problem for all players?

I do not need to buy any ward (from AH or Zen store) for 2 years because I could get enough from the game (in that period of time).

I said:

C-ward/p-ward, I get it from the game. ..... I have not bought any ward for 2 years.

Is it really that hard to understand?