test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crit/CA Changes and Augument Pet

blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
OK, maybe it's being a stupid quest but...

Now After the changes, in which CA works different now, how does it will impact in people that run with Augument pet?

I mostly solo my runs, and I have an Augument pet... so now I'm losing damage because of it? I tried to change for another pet and it droped my power and some other stats down.

So solo runners with Augument will be in trouble now?

And there are an upcoming event in which you need to go SOLO... so I'll need to chose between Augument pet/Lack of CA bonus or Normal Pet/Loss of stats?

(Image of Hommer Simpson thinking hard)

Comments

• Options
    sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    It just means that other pets will be much more effective now and that is a good news for newer players especially.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    TR, Warlock, CW have powers to gain CA advantage over a mobgroup, no need to unslot Augments
    Fighter, Barbie, Paladin don't have such things.
    Hunter? no clue
  • Options
    nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I didn't lose any damage on my barb when solo with an augment. It's the same as pre-update. The only time I get a boost is when I have CA. Like Schietindebux said, some classes have a feat which gives them CA when solo and others don't.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    - players occasionally having to weigh the pros and cons of bringing one companion over another - that strikes me as a good thing. No offense to the developers, but I think augment pets are lazy design. I've been worried for a while now that those were all we were going to get in the future. Maybe situations like this will encourage them to design more companions that actually DO something.
  • Options
    oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    There is no solo content in the game that requires you to have CA so the change to CA is not relevant for soloing. The new event will not be balanced around your CA damage potential, only your *normal* damage potential. If it is the other way around then it is a horribly designed event.

I know people look for any excuse to swap away from augments and use a summoned pet, i would love it if summoned pets were actually useful myself but they are not going to outperform an augment even if they provide CA and you actually need a pet to get it.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    You did not lose any damage to the changes on CA / crit severity. For those of us who use augment companions the change is that they made the critters tougher while we got no benefit. Even if your companion is not an augment pet, you have to depend on your companion to actually attack. Many companions seem happy to sit out the fight.
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

You did not lose any damage to the changes on CA / crit severity. For those of us who use augment companions the change is that they made the critters tougher while we got no benefit. Even if your companion is not an augment pet, you have to depend on your companion to actually attack. Many companions seem happy to sit out the fight.

So ... this is basically it. Monsters are tougher now and so even with the same damage you need longer to kill them. Having Combat Advantage can as much as double your damage, and you CAN get combat advantage from your pet, but unfortunately pets are an unreliable source of combat advantage as they tend to attack slowly and tend to attack the wrong targets when they do attack. Far better to stick with your augment pet and just find a fellow guild member to adventure with.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader