What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

warlock nerfed

2»

Comments

• Options
    gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User

... show them the bugs and problems. Anyone can and does complain that their class is underpowered.

Yeah the thing is that we did it, we have been doing it since m16 preview, during the 7 months of torture and again in this nerf preview. If you check that you will see that from start i made them notice it was a bad idea. But they don't listen
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    pitshade said:

They could have made healer Warlock with Celestial pact and DPS remaining Infernal. Apart from power names and the class quests, it doesn't really matter.

Pretend your patron is Asmodeus and you can go both ways what with him being a devil and a god and all.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

I want a class reroll :'(

Delete. Restart. One class reroll.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    @deldrach I know better than to quote a flame post, but to respond to your comment, I don't sing the praises of Cryptic, I don't buy zen. I was simply defining the "rules" by which every gamer who has played an online game (free or paid) should know by now. You can toss out all the names you want, it will only get your posts here relocated and this thread shutdown. In the simplest of terms, you don't know me.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    The thing I think too many players forget (or ignore) is the game and everything in it, including the items players purchase, grind for and by any means obtain, belongs to Neverwinter and Cryptic - period - .

The reality of it is the developers and the company can realistically do anything they want including but not limited to change the stats and worth of every item, including the characters any time the wish and for whatever reason so as @sandukutupu pointed out, everyone who clicked on the "I Agree" button acknowledged that fact before they even started playing. If anyone is having clicker's remorse (akin to buyer's remorse) I tend to believe that would be the problem of the person who agreed to the terms initially , but now seems to have a problem with what they previously agreed to and thinks they should be "compensated". ¢¢
    DD~
  • Options
    gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    dionchi said:

The thing I think too many players forget (or ignore) is the game and everything in it, including the items players purchase, grind for and by any means obtain, belongs to Neverwinter and Cryptic - period - .

The reality of it is the developers and the company can realistically do anything they want including but not limited to change the stats and worth of every item, including the characters any time the wish and for whatever reason so as @sandukutupu pointed out, everyone who clicked on the "I Agree" button acknowledged that fact before they even started playing. If anyone is having clicker's remorse (akin to buyer's remorse) I tend to believe that would be the problem of the person who agreed to the terms initially , but now seems to have a problem with what they previously agreed to and thinks they should be "compensated". ¢¢

Stop talking about money i am not asking for money (sorry if it was understood that way i speak native spanish). What I am asking is that they play fair and give me a chance to continue playing with my hard earned stuff, because this nerfing is like deleting the class (and if you say that i should wait for them to fix it, i'm sorry but i waited 7 months. I don't see any fixes coming from their side considering their actions so far).
    As i stated before this is a scam because they destroy progress and plan to keep on like nothing happened (its not that im crying about the server closing and i lost all my stuff, they deliberately destroyed it im guessing for income purposes and plan to act normal). Neither I have buyer or clicker remorse as you say, I binded all that stuff because I liked the warlock and it was my main, but changing the rules is not fair. Buyer remorse would be to bind the trex for example and after a few hours come crying because i dont like it or something like that
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

dionchi said:

Stop talking about money i am not asking for money (sorry if it was understood that way i speak native spanish). What I am asking is that they play fair and give me a chance to continue playing with my hard earned stuff, because this nerfing is like deleting the class (and if you say that i should wait for them to fix it, i'm sorry but i waited 7 months. I don't see any fixes coming from their side considering their actions so far).
    As i stated before this is a scam because they destroy progress and plan to keep on like nothing happened (its not that im crying about the server closing and i lost all my stuff, they deliberately destroyed it im guessing for income purposes and plan to act normal). Neither I have buyer or clicker remorse as you say, I binded all that stuff because I liked the warlock and it was my main, but changing the rules is not fair. Buyer remorse would be to bind the trex for example and after a few hours come crying because i dont like it or something like that
    I am not attacking you, I never was, and it is awesome you are bilingual. I too own a warlock. As others have stated here, I don't have a big problem with killing creatures. Because of these changes, I do have to relearn the way I play. My current solo content strategy, as my warlock, is to have my companion and soul puppet do all the heavy work. I zip and dash about the field keeping my distance, blasting the enemy. As they approach I hold shift and fly across to the other side. I keep a lot of Radiant Potions on hand and chew on them like crack.

Now for playing her in a group setting, I still keep my distance but I help the fallen where and when I can. At best, warlocks are a support member of the party now. You stated you bought 3 legendary mounts for this one character, yet mine has epics at best. My companion is a legendary Cambion Magus, thanks a lot to Sybella's new quests. Her artifacts are orange, I think she is barely 16K item level. She has completed the Undermountain campaign without issue.

Maybe you should focus on what you can do and less on what you cannot. I don't wait around for fixes, out of those developers you addressed in your opening statement. I only had one of them respond to me in a PM and never cared for much of what he said. Perhaps you should have said you "demand repairs" and not "demand compensation", but I was informing you, and not attacking you.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Have fun flying arround in Sharandar, I am sure powries will hate you doing so :)