test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Gith Character

Just curious to hear what people think of their gith character.

I wasn't too thrilled when I read this was going to be the next race, but I got attached to mine really quickly.

My only wish is that its appearance was more customizable - particularly the face, the skin spots, and maybe the hair. Having more voices to choose from would be nice too, but maybe that was something I missed somehow?

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    I really love mine she's a doll. They only thing I don't like is we don't have specific quests just for Gith like the elves, drow, etc.

I am having a hard time finding a fashion I like for her. I want a simple looking peasant skirt but can't find anything.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Just beware of Nicholas and Morbius. They have been seen in Protector's Enclave handing out free meat samples. Most days you will hear Nicholas shouting out to the crowd;

At "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium" our Thayan chef Morbius grills your steaks to perfection. Every Friday is free side of Dryad curly fries! Bring the kids and get 50% off your meal, we even have an aboleth petting zoo. Remember at "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium" if it is not human, it is on our menu! "Nick's Gith Meat Emporium" is located 650 feet below the Yawning Portal in Waterdeep.
    These two rogues are infamously known opportunistic figures in and around Neverwinter. If you should meet them, you are best to avoid their services. If you are not human, you may end up on their menu. While Morbius claims elf meat is too tough to chew, tastes bland, and does not sell... it still means he sampled it.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    I was missing the race specific questline too, but I assumed it was based in the most recent content. That's disappointing. I hope they add one at some point.

Could just be mine, but one thing I've noticed with gear like bracers and things with cuffs is there are some graphical issues with the hands.
    And the hair. Riding certain mounts like horses makes my gith go bald. It's not as noticeable on the wolf types. But that might also be because I supersized my gith's head.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There haven't been any new race quests added since the development of the game. Most of the new races were just lumped in with existing.

Mod 1 added elf subtypes and all use the same quests as the original Elf race. Drow were added as a free option then as well and they use the Menzo Renegade quests.

Mod 4 added Dragonborn but AFAIK no quests were added. I haven't ever leveled one but that's what I heard back then.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Don't recall them adding a class quest when they added the OP.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited October 2019
    Paladin could probably share the cleric's now, I guess.
    It'll work when equipped, but not when transmuted? That's so weird.