1. This is a gripe that I know some won't care about, particularly those who keep up to date with the blogs etc. But can you start making all new campaign quests start at Knox? I knew from PC that you need to go see Kavatos on the top floor of the Yawning Portal, but there's nothing to tell you that. With a new campaign would it be so hard for a Convo to be attached to Knox that says, "Hey, have you heard the rumours? Go see XX at YY and find out more." Or an email... or just something?
2. The first day's quests are a bit limited. The info gathering tasks are simple enough and not terribly taxing and don't take very long, but on a day 1 campaign launch it just seems to... stop. The grind is obvious. Get 2 bits of info per day, get enough and open the new Expeditions, shower rinse repeat. It would have been nice if we could have completed at least one Expedition on day one before going into the two day cycle.
3. The new Expeditions are fine. I imagine they have been toned down from how they were initially on PC as I read a lot of horror stories about 23K+ toons getting slaughtered by mobs in their first encounter. I ran my 24K Rogue through a one rune version and found it no harder than a 1 rune ME. The short "boss lairs" took a bit longer, but were no more difficult in terms of survivability, I'll see how my lower IL toons fare later today.
4. New appearance system. It's great and all, but what I would also like to see is a way to quickly use the composite dye pack schemes that you have consumed. For instance, if I want to recreate the "Blessed Gold" scheme I have to do each tone manually, and it's a bit of a faff when you have a lot of colours to get the exact set. Or, even better, a way to save a couple of bespoke three tone schemes. This is a minor point and not at all an issue beyond a nice QoL touch that could be added.
5. I've not done enough on the new crafting stuff to form a proper opinion, but at first glance it seems like a decent start to getting the system to where it needs to be given the new level cap. As long as everything works and the new stuff has been added to Lady Begum's commission list, (I have no idea if this is the case or not.) it should be fine. There's nothing much I want or need in the new tasks, but they're useful to level up artisans for Mastercrafting.
Overall it does feel very "B Mod" which I thought we'd done with, but after the enormity of the work that went into M16 I can understand why this is largely a case of reusing recent and existing content with a new twist. (I do appreciate not having to find the Relics on the new expeditions...). I have no interest in PvP so am in no way qualified to comment on those changes. The Zok box RNG is better even if most of the companion gear is useless, I'm sure it will even out to getting something decent without having to open a hundred or more.
Overall, despite the lack of first day investment, it's a pretty good continuation of the Undermountain plot. I was never a big fan of Gith since they first landed in the Fiend Folio, (Ethereal and Astral Plane stuff was always a turn off for my tabletop players back then.) But they look good and the plot has been condensed (OK... simplified) enough to not make me want to just ignore it.
I would have liked the "View The Planet Toril From Space" bit would have had a bit more "viewing the planet". I really wanted to get down to that observation deck and have a good look out of that window..."