test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lockboxes are a waste of time

124»

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    For twice the price of an epic and only claimable once.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    People buy VIP for the keys? o.O I bought it to shave off 5 minutes of travel time using the signpost, praying anywhere, mailbox anywhere, the salvage anvil (now gone), the ID scrolls (now gone), etc. LOL. I use keys to get my kid to focus on making good grades. He gets to open a number of lockboxes from my stockpile since the beginning, based off his grades and whatever he gets, he keeps.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited September 2019

People buy VIP for the keys? o.O I bought it to shave off 5 minutes of travel time using the signpost, praying anywhere, mailbox anywhere, the salvage anvil (now gone), the ID scrolls (now gone), etc. LOL. I use keys to get my kid to focus on making good grades. He gets to open a number of lockboxes from my stockpile since the beginning, based off his grades and whatever he gets, he keeps.

That was a long time i din't read something cute on this forum :)
    Can he keep the stuff he won by opening or he is just pleased by opening ?
    EDIT: Oh misread, he can keep, so did he get something good ?

Don't make him addict to gambling :p
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I have VIP for teleport/bank/shop/no problems from traps/etc etc etc. The keys are just an extra feature. To say you got nothing is just a bunch of BS...you got a lot of stuff to sell in AH or use for yourself. Just because it wasn't the jackpot doesn't mean it's worthless.

Only open lockboxes on double RP.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I have VIP for teleport/bank/shop/no problems from traps/etc etc etc. The keys are just an extra feature. To say you got nothing is just a bunch of BS...you got a lot of stuff to sell in AH or use for yourself. Just because it wasn't the jackpot doesn't mean it's worthless.

double rp doesn't work with lockboxes since they changed the style
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User

double rp doesn't work with lockboxes since they changed the style
    The last double RP they still did for me. I only open older lockboxes, so maybe it's only the new ones?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The new ones that drop the items themselves, not packs, don't double. The packs still benefit from double enchants.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    it doesn't matter if you buy vip or buy keys cryptic is always going to screw you no matter what out of a legendary mount for how they have done this to me cause i have been playing since mod5 and have done nice things in there game just to not get one nice thing from them it's sad