test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tales of Old Event still feels out of place

c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Tales of Old Event

Tales of Old have been patched and somewhat fixed as explained on this page
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1251656/uprising-preview-patch-notes-nw-115-20190826c-8/p1

Bugs and issues

However, the Tales of Old Event is still very discouraging Event to complete fully. Two major issues. One is a serious bug. The other is balance.

BUG AND A MAJOR OVERSIGHT!

- Coins of Tales Told are giving double the amount of Coins in the tracker, but inventory remains unchanged. When Coins of Tales Told tracker gets filled, people can't complete Daily Cap. People are stuck on 22 Coins of Tales Told instead of 45 for the day.

MAJOR BALANCING ISSUE!

- Enemies are still hitting way too hard on x3, x4 and x5. I consider this a bug although it is strictly speaking a balancing issue. I can't think of any other monster (except Halaster) who can dish out such huge amounts of damage in such a short time!

LINK TO IMGUR PHOTOS

Relative stuff

It is fair that enemies have enough HP/DMG, however what's not fair is to engage enemies and then meet such immense lag that we all find ourselves dead or in need to cast spells three-four times. Furthermore I can't think of any lower geared person who actually engaged in these Event activities. Although this was fine before MOD16 hit, after MOD16 hit even teams that easily completed x5+x4 in a row are now struggling to beat x3!

However, I do think that some of this base damage is a bit too excessive. First of all, tanks can't aggro everything and everyone immediately. It just does not happen because other players and DMG dealers can easily catch aggro and all it takes are 2 enemies to completely kill them. This makes anyone who's lower IL or can't beat LOMM in under 20min to disregard going on anything above x2 run.

What I find discouraging

I personally have beat x4 pre-patch and x3 post-patch. I think it takes too much time to beat x3 boss now, and I can't even think on how to complete x4 and x5 in the current scenario because there is not enough time to do everything. Dungeon seems to be a bit too long and in terms of extra TIME and LIVES that are found on the map, I think that they do not spawn nor add much to the run overall. In theory it might be possible, but I do not want to stress my friends nor acquaintances with such utter nonsense of even suggesting that we run anything above x3. It defeats the purpose to do it because now we don't have Recovery trait and it takes a bit more tactical gameplay to beat content in decently geared teams.

To sum it up

I think that x3, x4 and x5 hp/dmg should be way lower so that we actually have a decent run and so that we don't need to do this x45 times in a day. After two-three runs people are already very exhausted and, ironically, this dungeon takes a toil on the mind.
True Neutral
Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language