test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wizard's not benefit from Gladiator's Guile Speed Increase?

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
My Wizard 'seems' to never benefit from Gladiator's Guile; she run's a lot slower than my other classes.

I've only noticed this in the last few days... ...but she definitely seems to be running slower than my Ranger, Paladin, and several other classes, even after giving her more boons in Marathon Runner? Her Movement Speed is 8.8% and my Ranger is only 5.8% and yet my Ranger moves noticeably faster.
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    martanis117martanis117 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    you arent the only one. I'm not benefitting from it on my warlock. i pointed it out to my buddy who also wasnt benefiting from it, and hes on a cleric >_< some classes are benefiting, others arent, it seems.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    For the curiosity, I checked my warlock (I don't have a wizard that has Gladiator's Guile).
    I used a cell phone stop watch.
    I went to SH and go inside the hall.
    The measurement is the time to run (type 't') from the fire place (the deep end) to the fountain.
    Without the Guile (take out one insignia), 20 seconds
    With, 18 seconds.
    It seem that works for my warlock.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Well, I have a wizard and a cleric as mains, so I did not have any other class for regular comparison ...

No wonder I'm lagging behind in most parties, even if I slot a +10% mount speed increase and pump points in DEX :/

Thanks for pointing it out, hope it will be fixed.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    To be sure, do you own timing measurement to compare with and without the Guile.

The movement stat of my toons:
    Rogue: +20.3%
    Warlock: +17.8%
    Barbie: +28.8%
    Cleric: +15.8%
    Ranger: +19.3%
    Pally: +10.8%

All of them has Guile and Guile does not change the above movement stat number in the character section.
    I expect my Pally and Cleric to be slow.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Yea Gladiator's Guile does not effect the Movement Stat at all; as it's 10% movement increase is not included.

Still my Wizard which has a higher (base) movement speed than my Ranger, and my Ranger certainly
    "feels" to move a lot faster. Granted My Ranger's DEX is considerably higher; but I've put more boons into Marathon Running. So as the TOP message states my Ranger has 5.8% movement speed; and my Wizard is 8% yet seems noticeably slower.

Someone (above) said they noticed this on their Warlock; yet I have no issues with any Class except my Wizard oddly enough. I just have a hard time on my Wizard keeping up to others in a party; and my Ranger has a Dex of 23 which gives 5.8% movement; my Wizard only has Dex of 14 yet I put several boons into Marathon Runner to get her to 8.8% yet she still seems slower?

It's like Cryptic misrepresented the Stamina to accidentally look at Action Points on Wizard's; cause those take considerably loger to build and should not used for "Gladiator's Guile" is my best guess?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    strathkin said:

Yea Gladiator's Guile does not effect the Movement Stat at all; as it's 10% movement increase is not included.

Still my Wizard which has a higher (base) movement speed than my Ranger, and my Ranger certainly
    "feels" to move a lot faster. Granted My Ranger's DEX is considerably higher; but I've put more boons into Marathon Running. So as the TOP message states my Ranger has 5.8% movement speed; and my Wizard is 8% yet seems noticeably slower.

Someone (above) said they noticed this on their Warlock; yet I have no issues with any Class except my Wizard oddly enough. I just have a hard time on my Wizard keeping up to others in a party; and my Ranger has a Dex of 23 which gives 5.8% movement; my Wizard only has Dex of 14 yet I put several boons into Marathon Runner to get her to 8.8% yet she still seems slower?

It's like Cryptic misrepresented the Stamina to accidentally look at Action Points on Wizard's; cause those take considerably loger to build and should not used for "Gladiator's Guile" is my best guess?

Did you try to do your own time measure between with and without guile on the same character? The real base speed (before applying any movement %) of wizard can be slower. I always feel that way since mod 3.