test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is it with this game.

That most quests, you have to either do the quest in one setting, without leaving the area or logging off, or do it without dying? Most games I ever played always saved your progress in the quest so if you had to go do something and came back you did not have to restart the quest over, you could continue where you left off, also they did not make you redo they quest if you died, like a lot of the quest in this game does. Isn't this game promoting people to be more inactive or to become over weight? If you say made a not so good character and you try to do a quest and keep failing over and over like some would they would spend hours on the quest trying to beat it.

They should make some quests where if you have to go do something your progress would be saved and you can start where you left off and also if you die you would not have to start the quest over. Not saying they should make all quests like they just some like that, some of the more harder ones that take a while to finish.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Except for quests that you go into a lair, or dungeon, your progress is saved. You can go kill 3 out of 6 devils or whatever switch maps, die, or log off and you come back and it's still 3/6 in the quest journal. Even in those lairs and dungeons, if you die and respawn everything you killed is still dead, you only lose progress if you leave the lair or dungeon.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,237 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    1. This is not the other game.
    2. Not all the quest in this game behaves like you complained about neither. e.g. the quest that requires you to get certain number of things does not reset what you gathered to 0 just because you die or leave the game,
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hughpuppies#4539 hughpuppies Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    A lot of MMO games I played saved progress in quests. I can not name the other games of MMO it would be wrong of me to do that on this game site. Yes, they could do that if they want. Yes, they do save some progress on smaller quests, but for bigger quest they do not. Oh well it was just a thought. Just thought if other games MMO games could do it why couldn't this game. If they don't want to that is up to them After all it is their game.
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    As @arazith07 said only lairs (mini dungeons basically) and dungeons and heroic encounters don't save progress, and as far as i know other mmo's that i played also don't, so i don't really now what you are talking about.

And the only way to lose progress in normal quests is if you drop them